Topic: Pete's Pond - WildCam Africa  (Read 2537 times)

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Pete's Pond - WildCam Africa
« on: October 03, 2005, 01:47 AM »
For those that may be animal lovers, like myself, you should check out the following link if you're not familiar with it:

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html]WildCam Africa

You can watch a LIVE video feed from Botswana, Africa.

My family has seen a lot of different animals throughout the day, although the morning hours (Botswana time) has the greatest number of animals present. But we've seen a lot of activity during the night time hours as well ... it's just a little slow paced.

Anyway ... just thought I'd share. You need RealPlayer to view the live video feed.

My son (awake due to growing pains) and I are looking at it right now ... and it's about 3am CST which is 10am in Africa.

Joe

• Cafe VIP
  • Seeburg traps
Re:Pete's Pond - WildCam Africa
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 04:26 PM »
It seems to work with Real Alternative, too, even in the embedded window.  It did quite a bit of "communicating" in between images, however; I don't know if this is normal or not.  The image (dark of course) was there, though.

Very nice technology that went into this, too.

ritarocks

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 02:28 AM »
Awesome.  Love the sounds!

Roger Beverage

• VIP / Subscriber
    • Victory Swing Band
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 01:34 AM »
cool site. needs drums in the background though.

Roger

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram