Topic: Phishy INHD special  (Read 1368 times)

windhorse

Phishy INHD special
« on: October 23, 2005, 09:23 AM »
Wow! I just saw the Phish concert special on INHD!
Whether or not you go for their brand of start and stop fuge style of Jam-folk, those guys sure know how to rehearse eh?!?!?

Offline Tony

• Cafe VIP
  • Art is the expression of the self.
Phishy INHD special
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Could you elaborate on which special your talking about?  I haven't heard about it.  Thanks.
The techniques, though they play an important role in the early stage, should not be too restrictive, complex or mechanical. If we cling to them, we will become bound by their limitation.  Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it.

windhorse

Phishy INHD special
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Don't exactly know, but it was a concert they did somewhere.
INHD runs specials on almost anything, and I occasionally get sucked in to the TV through their human interest style of interviewing.
Sorry I can't be more specific.

Offline Tony

• Cafe VIP
  • Art is the expression of the self.
Phishy INHD special
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Looked it up at the INHD website; it was "IT: A Concert SPecial".  I have the DVD.  Their musical philosophy is so awesome.  There is a lot of good footage on this special.  It originally aired on PBS last year, but have sinced released a much longer "Special Edition" DVD with 3 hours instead of 90 minutes.
The techniques, though they play an important role in the early stage, should not be too restrictive, complex or mechanical. If we cling to them, we will become bound by their limitation.  Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram