• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Rosa Parks

Started by ARCHxANGEL, October 25, 2005, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Northrop

I just saw on MSN that Rose Aprks dies at 92 today. Thats just sad. There was a person who believed in equality of all people and wasn't afraid to fight for what she knew was right. May she rest in peace.

Chip Donaho

Once again, it goes to show people what one person can do with sympathy,desire,  and the strong will to do something about it.  A final "peace" for Rosa.... Sad, but at 92 it was a longer life than many of us she fought for. She was very loved by people of all color....     ;)

Louis Russell

The next time you think one person can not make a difference, remember Rosa Parks!  She was a great lady and the world is a better place because of her.  

smoggrocks

a tremendous woman who knew what mattered. may we continue to heed her words and actions.

Tony

Yeah.  The Rosa Parks Museum (5 blocks from my office) is in full force today.  It's amazing to me that I live and work in a city where so much important work was done during the civil rights era.  Within walking distance of both my office and my studio is MLK, Jr. church where he held the meeting that led to the bus boycott; his home, the lunch rooms where so many smaller wars were waged; Selma is 35 minutes down the highway, I cross the Pettus Bridge about once a month, where the Sunday, Bloody Sunday march and subsequent violence took place.

On a side note, Hank Williams is also from near her, and Montgomery was his base of operation.  The Hank Williams Museum is next door to my studio entrance, which is awkward, since their curator did an 18 month stretch for embezzlement, and I was the case agent who worked it.  They recieved a $100,000 from the State a few years ago and he stole $40K.  DumbA$$.