Topic: Waiting  (Read 1393 times)

chefdoug

Waiting
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:20 PM »
My wife and I actually got out and saw a movie over the weekend. So we went to see "Waiting"
This movie is very funny and pretty real depiction of some of the realities of working in a restaurant, I for one, can relate to a number scenes in the film. I think everyone should have a little knowledge of what it's like to work in this business, it can be very entertaining as well as eye opening. People who eat out alot and who are, let's say "difficult" customers have no clue of what it is really like. I am very happy that someone made a movie like this. Sure, it's full of sick humor and profanity, but so is the restaurant business. To me this movie is along the lines of Clerks and perhaps Office Space. I urge you to check it out, unless you want to keep eating out.

Offline smoggrocks

• Cafe VIP
  • Is there another word for synonym?
    • Meet the Fearsome Foursome
Waiting
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:25 AM »
i like movies that spoof industries. there was a funny one about advertising years back called 'how to get a head in advertising,' where the guy grows a second head. and another called fahrenheit 911, about...doh! (lol!)

who's in the flick?

i really wanna see 'the squid & the whale' i think it's called. with jeff daniels. i think he'd be great in a darker role.

The most wasted day of all is that on which you have not laughed.

Offline jokerjkny

• Cafe VIP
Re:Waiting
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:21 PM »
yea, looks like "office space" in a restaurant... ;D
...this aint no time fo' jibba jabba!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram