• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Rusted Root or Galactic

Started by Funkadrummer, October 26, 2005, 08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkadrummer

Well since money is tight and I can only affoard to see one band I am unsure of who I should see. I love both bands dearly but, I cant decide who to see. If you were in my shoes would you rather see Rusted Root or Galactic. Both bands have great drummers and or percussionists and musicians in general thats whats making this so tuff.

chefdoug

Galactic, if it were me. Mainy because I know them better.

Tony

I'll 2nd Galactic.  But I've seen them, and never seen Rusted Root, which sort of sparks my interest.  But for you, Galactic.  Stanton Moore is one of the grooviest drummer around.

James Walker

I'd go see Galactic, purely because I haven't seen them before, and because I've heard so many great things about Stanton Moore.  That's not to knock Rusted Root - I'd like to go to their show as well, but I'm more familiar with them already, and if I have to choose, I'd opt for Galactic.

If I had seen both bands previously, I'd go see the one which isn't in my region as often.

Paul DAngelo

Because of your screen handle funkadrummer, I'd have to go with Galactic.  Grooves so deep you'll trip on them.

DRWM

I'd definately go see Galactic.  But, then again, I'm not really into Rusted Root.  

I've seen Galactic a few times as well as Garage a Trois (one of Stanton's side projects), I just can't get enough of that Stanton Moore's grooves.

marker

I'd vote for Galactic, too.  Rusted root has a great drummer, but the rest of the band and most of the songs don't stack up as well.

Todd Norris

Yup, Galactic!  I'm not into RR, but I'm a Galactic & Stanton Moore freak.  I'm even using his mug as my avitar right now...  

Hummada

I've been to one Rusted Root show about 3 years ago and they put on a great show.  At the time they had a great set player and an awesome percussionists.  They made the whole show very exciting.

I've been to 3 Galactic shows and every musician in that band is "rad".  The last time they played here, they didn't have a singer and they didn't need one.
Stanton is the co-cheese and I would like to go out and drink some beer with the guy because he seems like the kind of guy that drinks GOOD beer.  I can make this judgement about any one the first time I look at em.

Go see Galactic and learn how to dance if you don't know how.