Topic: Chat  (Read 2228 times)

thealmightytaco

Chat
« on: October 28, 2005, 04:55 AM »
I remember the days middle of last year talkin' to Joe for hours in the chat room on this site, finding out the wonders of brush technique etc in real time. Where'd it go? Lack of use? Lack of funding? Stolen?

Just wonderin'.

Offline Joe

• Cafe VIP
  • Seeburg traps
Re:Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 07:46 AM »
Better word will come from Bart himself, but it's been removed for... oh, I don't know why exactly. :)  I think it will be replaced with something deemed better in some portion of the future.

Good to see you back, by the way!
I'm not a particularly slow player, yet I don't play fast.  I play half-fast.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Chat
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:56 AM »
talkin' to Joe for hours in the chat room on this site, finding out the wonders of brush technique etc in real time.

I enjoy long chats myself.  Strictly as an example, I wonder if it would have been better in the long run to have the brush information in a regular thread where more could have benefited.  I know many drummers research the old threads on the Drummer Cafe and the information exchanged in a chat is not available to them.
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline Joe

• Cafe VIP
  • Seeburg traps
Chat
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:18 PM »
I enjoy long chats myself.  Strictly as an example, I wonder if it would have been better in the long run to have the brush information in a regular thread where more could have benefited.  I know many drummers research the old threads on the Drummer Cafe and the information exchanged in a chat is not available to them.

Nah.  This brush talk was just a bunch of aimless discussion on my part, and anyway, such threads back then were met with "buy this book" or "buy that DVD", as if the playing of a technique is a right only transferable upon the purchasing of media. :)

As I recall, this talking about brushes occurred during one of the rare times when we (about five or six regulars on a good day, IIRC)
talked shop.  It usually acted as a real-time extension of the Miscellaneous forum, sometimes even upon topics that are not permitted on the forum.  I like to think it did best that way, additionally.
I'm not a particularly slow player, yet I don't play fast.  I play half-fast.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Chat
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:31 PM »
One of my favorite pass times is getting together with others of the same interest and shooting the bull for a long time.  I meet regularly with some friends sometimes ham radio and sometimes flying.  A lot of good information is discussed and also some world problems solved, if only in our minds.  Before long I will be one of those old men who sit around all day drinking coffee or tea and not accomplishing very much.  I wish there was a place where drummers could meet and have a good time in real time.
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Chat
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 02:40 PM »
The Chat feature is broke and no longer works correctly with this forum. I've turned it off permanently until I can arrange for a suitable replacement.

FYI ... a chat feature IS in the works and very possibly could be available in the next few weeks.

In the mean time, check out varous member's profiles ... see if they have AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, etc., listed in their profile, then contact and chat using that medium

Sorry for the inconenience. I am working on it ... it is important ... but there's nothing I can do about the current situation at this time.

thealmightytaco

Re:Chat
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 06:20 AM »
Coo' coo', was just wondering what happeneds, but it's especially good to hear it's coming back. I probably wont be able to get on while all you americans are on due to work but it'll still be good.

And it's good to be back Joe, good to be back. With 2 Supraphonics and a 4pc set of blue Vistalites!!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram