• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I love my Community

Started by Steve Phelps (Shoeless), November 01, 2005, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Phelps (Shoeless)

I took the boyos trick or treating last night. The 6 yr went as a vampire and the 3 yr old went as Spiderman. We live in a little village thats full of hippies, yuppies and tons of politics. But when it comes to beggar's night its a full-on comminity event. They have bonfires on every block. People set up stands and give away hot dogs, marshmellows, popcorn, cocoa, chili, you name it. There's parents on every corner and I've never seen the rowdy, pumpkin-smashing, TP'ing teenage element. It becomes a real competition as neighbors out-do each other with decking out their homes. And its one of the few opportunities we have left to get out and meet and greet with our neighbors. Its nice to see a community that gets it.

Tony

Yeah, this was the first Halloween our community seemed to do anything.  They had the downtown business district blocked off and all the shop owners had booths to pass out treats.  Plus, out neighborhood was teeming with kiddies trick or treating, which is the first time in 5 years we've been there it was like that.  My 5 year old had a blast, she and her little neighborhood friends came home with bags overflowing!!!  Which was cool for Daddy's late night candy raid during his movie watching!

smoggrocks

aw, that is cool. i get a real kick outta watching little ones get into it.

they had the parade here, which is great fun, though i've seen it enough times that i wasn't compelled to go. my apartment building had a little shindiggie where people kept their doors open till 9-ish and handed out treats.

i love halloween. probably my fave holiday next to thanksgiving. next year, i want to go to montreal, though, coz apparently they host this awesome macabre fest for 4 days. if my pal yani joins me, we'll have a blast. she is about all things whack: day of the dead, burning man, etc.

Jon E

Our neighborhood was pretty active.  It was so nice.

But the holiday is over so we're all locked back in our houses talking badly about each other as usual!!

Danno

We live out in the sticks, so there's no trick or treating at all. About the only thing we do different than any other day is not let our black cat out, for fear the Satanists through the woods will eat her.