Topic: Pizzeria Humor  (Read 1122 times)

Offline smoggrocks

• Cafe VIP
  • Is there another word for synonym?
    • Meet the Fearsome Foursome
Pizzeria Humor
« on: November 04, 2005, 01:32 PM »
(btw, sorry i'm babbling incessantly, but i've got some good downtime today, and it feels good to babble.)

my beef today is the demise of the NY pizzeria...

i dunno, but it seems since pizzerias began promoting shmancier offerings such as salad pizza, stuffed pizza, etc., they've all taken a turn for the worse. also, the combined intelligence of the guys behind the counter now seems about equivalent to that of the pies.

but first, a little background for those unfamiliar with your basic ny pizza menu offerings: a calzone is a half-moon shaped "sandwich" made of pizza dough and stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella cheese, and other fillings of your choosing. usually, i like mine stuffed with spinach. it's a nice alternative to the traditional slice.

so i call my local pizzeria and order 2 calzones to go: one spinach, one sausage. and the guy tells me:

"you know -- we don't make sausage calzones."

"oh," i say.

then he pauses and thinks. then says:

"but i tell you what... i'll take a regular calzone... take some sausage, and then stuff it with chunks of that. how's that sound?"

and then he looks at me as if he's just unearthed the theory of relativity.

at first, i thought he was joking. but in an instant, i realized he was being completely serious, and i had to quickly turn away to keep from bursting out into laughter in front of him.

of course i'm not looking for a mensa member to serve me my pizza, but this just blew my mind.

i pity the customer who asks for a sausage parm hero!

;D
The most wasted day of all is that on which you have not laughed.

Offline Jon E

• Cafe VIP
  • Gaaaah!
    • Things Very Special
Pizzeria Humor
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Ba-da-bing-Ba-da-boom!

Danno

Re:Pizzeria Humor
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 03:20 AM »
I spent two weeks in NYC many years ago, and I pretty much lived at Ray's Pizza.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram