Topic: remo ring muff'l  (Read 3444 times)

xXxBURYyourDEADxXx

remo ring muff'l
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:11 PM »
on the package is says to rest on the bearing edge. but wouldnt that effect the drums sound?

Jon E

• Cafe VIP
  • Gaaaah!
    • Things Very Special
remo ring muff'l
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 06:58 PM »
wouldnt that effect the drums sound?

It's supposed to effect the drums sound.  that's why you're buying it.  If you don't want to effect the drums sound, don't put anything on it.

Jon E

• Cafe VIP
  • Gaaaah!
    • Things Very Special
remo ring muff'l
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 12:30 PM »
There's really no danger in the RemO's (or any similar) ring getting snagged on your stick.

P-Pig, he's talking about the Remo Muff'l product though. Those DO sit between the edge on the shell (bearing edge) and the drum head--at least the plastic "tray" the the foam ring sits in does.

i have used them on my BD with great success.  I think they are TOO muffly for my taste in tom sounds tough

DWdrmr

Re:remo ring muff'l
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 03:00 PM »
I took my BD Muff'l off after a few days on a Ludwig Rockstar kit I had  15 years ago.....it's still in my big box of "stuff." I opted for the pillow instead. It's more adjustable.  Did'nt realize they make 'em for toms, also..

xXxBURYyourDEADxXx

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 06:11 PM »
so i set the tray over the bearing edge like a drum head?

xXxBURYyourDEADxXx

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 09:44 PM »
yupp. well thanks everyone for your opinions and advice.

gammalight6000

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 07:44 AM »
i use the kick drum pads on my toms, they get a really good muted sound without killing the toms power and they save the heads.

Donald Mcnany (boomerweps)

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 11:20 AM »
I bought some of the Muff'Ls a few years back. If you want the worst, deadest toms ever, they are for you. The only use I found for them was on a 18" tom used as a bass drum (with a convertor, pearl JG16). This is because tom & bass heads have a slightly different diameter.

Yes, the plastic tray lays on your bearing edge. Remo mentions using the plastic tray as a muffle also without the foam on the package.

So paying good money for decent drums with a quality bearing edge GOES OUT THE WINDOW when you use these things.

Boomerweps

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram