Topic: Hey, I'm New Here!  (Read 21059 times)

Lisa

Re: Hey, I'm New Here!
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2006, 09:57 AM »
I'm new here, so thanks for the invite to introduce myself.  I've been playing percussion on and off for 8 years.  Mostly west african, then about 2 years ago picked up the congas.  I'm now embarking on trap set lessons, but don't yet have a kit.  I'm looking forward to all the knowledge in this cafe!

Lisa

HDT

« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Welcome Lisa!  Good to have you here.
Del

William Leslie

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Welcome to both of you. I know you will enjoy it here once you get squared away.

SketcHyRollin564

« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2006, 07:07 PM »
Welcome to both of you. I know you will enjoy it here once you get squared away.

thanks

ive already been active in another forum (drum dogs) for three years, so im hoping this one will have the same relationship with me :)

YEM

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Hi guys!

I've played guitar for a while now. I am just starting to get into drumming but I have always had  an interest in percussion and percussive sounds. This seems like a great community to be a part of while I am learning because of the wealth of knowledge.

I listen to primarily Jam Bands, Older Rock Music and Jazz. Some influences include

Coltrane
Phish
Velvet Underground
Talking Heads
RAQ (Check this band out if you've never heard them they are great)
Art Tatum
Bill Evans
Medeski Martin and Wood (Billy Martin is one of my main influences getting into drumming)
Lester Young
Allman Brothers

Thanks for all the replies to my "beginner questions" thread.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram