Topic: C'mon Over  (Read 8981 times)

felix

C'mon Over
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 08:06 AM »
Hey Brett and the rest of you guys, thanks for stopping by!

I will be really busy with my production the next couple of weeks so the studio is going to be closed for the most part.  I'm getting up at like 3 am and going out there and WORKING for HOURS these days.  It's great, but at the same time draining!  I'm not in a sociable mood after those kinds of stints (ok that was an understatement).  I'm also paying the players to get the material finished quickly and concisely (it's amazing what money can do).  I have a GREAT engineer that is on the payroll now and he's letting me use his 24 bit dedicated / mobile system as part of the deal.  Very cool!  

So Brett, on that note, I will have a nice surprise for you when you come up- you might be one of the first few people to hear my new project!  I really want to start mixing in January.  Wouldn't that be cool?

And I  suppose I'll let you kick over the bubbas  ;) he he he  

Brett Sheaffer

• Cafe VIP
  • Never stop learning.
    • Freedom Brass Band of Northeast Ohio
C'mon Over
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Sounds great, felix.  Just don't take out the stress on Nancy!

I'll look forward to a day trip one of these days (after new year, obviously).

Paul DAngelo

• Cafe VIP
  • Greybeard
    • Paul D'Angelo
C'mon Over
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 11:05 AM »
My wife and I will be over for Christmas.  I don't know what my wife will do, but I'll be in your studio...... (it's really beautiful!)

Happy Holidays Felix and to everyone on the Cafe.

felix

C'mon Over
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Thanks a bunch Paul for stopping by.  It's good to see you and I really like your new "gigging adventures" since you have moved back to VA.

OK
back to werk!

Drumlooney

• Cafe VIP
  • Yes that drumlooney!!
C'mon Over
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 02:13 PM »
The Place looks great and you guys seems happy, Merry Christmas my friend!

Stewart Manley

• Cafe VIP
  • quondam 'moosetication'
C'mon Over
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Say, Felix, I've been here nearly a week now, and ...

... I need the bathroom real bad. Where is it, exactly?

:-[

felix

Re:C'mon Over
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 03:21 PM »

Hey drumlooney... I am SO glad you stopped.  Yeah, we are doing much better now.

Dig my new toilet moose.  That was the last construction project and I have to say it's a Kohler.  The first one they put in leaked (faulty bowl) so we were out an addtional two weeks.  We were doing the 35-40 yard walk to the studio's bathroom for a month and man, that was not fun.

drumz1

• Cafe VIP
  • Trust me, I'm a drummer.
C'mon Over
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Pretty awesome pictures, felix.  Nice of you to invite all the DC members in.  I like the way your home is decorated, BTW.

What are the sizes on your Sonors, anyway?

Fleas Never Die and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Regards,

drumz1

felix

C'mon Over
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2005, 09:40 AM »
hey drumz1, thanks for stopping in- I know you are a busy man.

the sizes of the bubbas are:
8x6, 8x8, 10x10, 12x12, 13x13, 14x14, 17x15 floor, 17x16 floor, 18x22kick, 8 x 14 snare.

Scott

• Cafe VIP
    • Scott Miles
C'mon Over
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Merry Christmas, felix!  Thanks for sharing the pics with the Café!

I'm a sucker for old houses, too, and currently am in one that was built in the 1920's (high ceilings and original hardwoods throughout = perfect acoustics!  :))  Yes, they are HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter, but there's something to be said for the vibe of these old things that outweighs those hot and cold days and nights.  :)  

Anyway, your place looks great and thanks again for sharing the warmth.  ;)

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
C'mon Over
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Party at my house tonight ... seriously!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah & Happy New Year to you all.

Ranman

C'mon Over
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Party at my house tonight ... seriously!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah & Happy New Year to you all.

Wish I lived closer...Me and the wife would drop by Bart....thanks for the invite.  :)

Danno

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 10:38 AM »
What a great house. I didn't know you lived so close to my home town (Erie). I know EXACTLY the weather you're getting.

I'm kinda glad I didn't look at this thread until now, because it helped me keep the Christmas spirit going in my head. I haven't even let my wife undecorate our tree yet; I try to keep Christmas going for way too long every year.

You know, I actually miss that Felix The Cat you had pacing back and forth under all your posts for a while.

Anyway, love the studio, love the house, and for some reason, I love those stars you guys have hanging from the ceiling. Thanks for sharing.

Danno

felix

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Hi everyone.

Well we took the tree down on New Years... I almost cried (my achin' back).

Things are settling down.  I have been working very hard on my "production" up in the ol' studio and in spite of my playing I'm extremely happy with the sounds I'm getting.  I hope to share them soon..

You have no one to blame but BART for the pacing felix LOL.

Peace bro- sorry I missed your party.  Let me know the next one you have.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram