• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

R.I.P. Don Knotts

Started by Jon E, February 25, 2006, 06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon E

"Oh my Barney, Oh my Barney,
Had a jail but couldn't lock it,
Had one bullet for his pistol
Had to keep it in his pocket"

~Sheriff Andy Taylor

"Well, I guess to sum it up, you could say, there's three reasons why there's so little crime in Mayberry. There's Andy, and there's me, and
[patting gun] baby makes three."
~Barney Fife

Andy Taylor: Hey, Barn, what if they was to ask you if you could sing a cappella, what would you do?

Barney Fife: Why, I'd do it! [snapping fingers in rhythm] "A cappella, a cappella"... Well, I don't remember all the words.

Bart Elliott

One of my favs; sorry to see you go.

Thank you Don for all the joy you've given us through the decades. You're loved and will be remembered for generations to come.

Peace.

Louis Russell

Quote from: Jon E on February 25, 2006, 06:26 PMBarney Fife: Why, I'd do it! [snapping fingers in rhythm] "A cappella, a cappella"... Well, I don't remember all the words.

Lots of good times watching Barney.  Still one of my favorite reruns.

Hunyak

I was on the same plane with him once, back in the early nineties. It was a late flight and the plane was less than half full. After we landed he was very friendly and gracious and shook peoples hands and signed some autographs. A great guy!

smoggrocks

when i heard the news, i just knew that jon e. was gonna post this. you have a penchant for many things from that era, jon.

don kinda freaked me out as a kid [the buggy eyes], but his passing is sad all the same. definitely had a long and varied career.

the sheryl crow/breast cancer thing was also a weekend shocker. she's like the poster child for health and fitness. scary.

Mark Counts

He was a very funny guy. Alway made me laugh.  Will be greatly missed.
If I am not mistaken, I also heard that Dennis Weaver passed on the radio today but they associated him with Gun Smoke.  He was also Sam McCloud. Correct me if I am wrong but I really didn't remember him on Gun Smoke.  Festus, Marshall Dillion and Kitty but I can't place Dennis Weaver?
                                  Nutty

Louis Russell

Quote from: drumnut1 on February 27, 2006, 08:44 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I really didn't remember him on Gun Smoke.  Festus, Marshall Dillion and Kitty but I can't place Dennis Weaver?

Dennis Weaver AKA Chester, was the original deputy before Festus.  Chester had a bad leg (could not bend at the knee) and it made the part.  I can remember him running down Dodge Main Street with the bum leg screaming Mister Dillion, Mister Dillion.  

Mark Counts

Louis,
"I can remember him running down Dodge Main Street with the bum leg screaming Mister Dillion, Mister Dillion".
I do remember that.  I just didn't know he was Dennis Weaver?
                                    Nutty

psycht

The Incredible Mr. Limpet was one of my fav. movies as a kid. I still enjoy it to this day.  

Don, I'll miss ya.