• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

This commercial is really unique with drums

Started by Carleton, February 23, 2006, 02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon E

That could have been any one of us--since the WFD factor really wasn't portrayed in the ad.

Seemed a silly connection imho.

nudrum

Quote from: Jon E on February 23, 2006, 05:00 AM
That could have been any one of us--since the WFD factor really wasn't portrayed in the ad.

Seemed a silly connection imho.

Well, Comcast is really pushing the speed angle of its service. That explains why they wanted the worlds fastest drummer. Watching him do the worlds fastest drummer demonstration, like in the competition, would probably be too boring for the commercial.

I'm just happy that another drummer is getting face time.
Is that a Comcast commercial where there is a guy at a snare drume playing drumrolls for a model? He looks like he's really playing that.

Jon E

Yeah, I guess any drummer face time is better than none.  :)

Quote.... commercial where there is a guy at a snare drum playing drumrolls for a model? He looks like he's really playing that.

He's got the "stirring the soup" roll technique down pat!

Rick

Even Comcast knows.... It's not just the speed. It's how you use it.

Adam's Dad

Hey guys and gals,

Check out the tag line at the end of the spot, both spoken and on screen...

"It's not just the speed,
it's how you use it."

Adam's Dad

Mark Counts

It was a cool commercial but my favorite Drum commercial was when Joe Perry on Guitar and Steve Tylor on snare and a cymbal of Aroesmith did a comercial but I can't remember the product?
                                   Nutty

James Walker

Quote from: drumnut1 on February 23, 2006, 03:14 PM
It was a cool commercial but my favorite Drum commercial was when Joe Perry on Guitar and Steve Tylor on snare and a cymbal of Aroesmith did a comercial but I can't remember the product?

Didn't they do a spot for one of those "Rock The Vote" campaigns a few years ago, with Steve Tyler playing snare and bass drum, and blowing on a harp?

smoggrocks

i believe that steve/joe ad was for the gap. i liked it, too. apparently they are now in contract to do a target ad. those two are definitely not growing any poorer.

there's quite a few drummer ads these days. i saw one last nite for some car, where most of the kit is setup and folds into the rear seat. there's others with kids playing, etc. weird thing is, i can't remember what any of the commercials are for, which ain't a good thing for those brands.

my favorite band-based ad though, is the one for geico insurance, where these guys are auditioning a guitarist who's not cutting it. that famous guitarist, esteban, magically appears, and the band gazes upon him in amazement. he says something like, 'many young people long to express their hearts, and i have good news...'

singer: 'you're gonna teach johnny to play?'

esteban: 'no -- i just saved 15% on car insurance'

then he breaks into his signature riffs.

it's pretty cheesy, but i bust up everytime i see it. it's the 'long to express their hearts' line that does it.

Jon E

Quote.......that famous guitarist, esteban,

Famous to who?  :'(

I assumed he must be "famous" cuz he was on that commercial, but had never heard of him.  Then I saw him pitching his "Esteban's quick pickin' fun strummin' guitar and guitar method" on QVC.

Chris -

Ya, Steve and Joe were playing for Gap a couple of years ago.  My wife worked for the Gap for 5 years.

One of the newer commericals is for, I believe, cadillac.  It has a "Drumline" theme to it.

Mark Schlipper

I just saw a Boost Mobile ad last night that featured Travis Barker.  

http://www.boostmobilepivotalmoments.com/]link in the lower left

Jon E

There's an ad for a pickup truck (Toyota I think) where all sort of stuff starts falling from the sky into the truck bed.  Sure enough, down comes a drum set!!  Later the set is nearly squashed as the truck rolls out from the pile of "items".

Ian

We used to have a Renault Clio advert featuring Animal.... one of my faves.

Jon E

I don't know if any of you ever saw this one, but there were these commercials with this little pink bunny playing a bass drum and wearing sunglasses.  eh, you probabaly never saw it!  ;D 8)

drumwild

Quote from: drumnut1 on February 23, 2006, 03:14 PM
                                   Nutty

That may have been for THE GAP.  Great commercial, but you'll never catch me shopping there.

smoggrocks

jon e., i was gonna put famous in quotes, coz outside of that finger-pickin' infomercial, i've no idea who he is, either.

jokerjkny

Quote from: Adam's Dad on February 23, 2006, 10:03 AM
Hey guys and gals,

Check out the tag line at the end of the spot, both spoken and on screen...

"It's not just the speed,
it's how you use it."

Adam's Dad

seriously,

its almost like they're dissing him.  :P

and esteban's awesome.  sometimes when i'm home late from a gig, there he is on some informercial.  as ridiculous as he looks, his songs are fun to jam along w/ on my geetar. ;D

btw, anyone remember those Priceline commercials w/ William Shatner and that uber backup band, i.e. ben folds, lisa loeb, Melissa Auf Der, etc.?

BlackEvovii

Quote from: smoggrocks on February 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
there's quite a few drummer ads these days. i saw one last nite for some car, where most of the kit is setup and folds into the rear seat. there's others with kids playing, etc. weird thing is, i can't remember what any of the commercials are for, which ain't a good thing for those brands.

Verizon has one of a young girl playing drums.  There was another one awhile back of a younger kid being panned on ever few seconds.  I guess i too have a hard time remembering the commercials as well :(

Jon E

A couple years ago was the Target ad with Bun E. Carlos and the girl from The Donnas (I think).

Yay drums on TV!