• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

A drum room for me?

Started by efaubert1, March 04, 2006, 07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efaubert1

If you see my avitar, or have seen my set on like page 7 of the "show us your kit" thread, you will note that the room is almost too small for the drums. Anyway, I went out of town on business for 2 days. When I came home there was a huge note on the door of the room (spare bedroom) mt wife and daughter use as a makeup room. It said "Drummers Den for Ed Coming Soon" and went on to describe the planned renovation. Anyway, it floored me that she was doing this for me, and I am truly overwhelmed. She stayed up till midnight painting again last night. Maybe she like me afterall.

Chip Donaho

That's really cool they're doing that. I have the same problem, but don't have room to set them up. I have so many sets that my office (spare bedroom) is infested with computers, desks, trophies, TV, second Playstaion TV, etc....Plus it always has drums in cases stacked waiting to be tuned or stored there. It didn't help I went and purchased a 4th set. So now I offered my daughter my hex aquarium just to clear out more space to stack drums. I can't even think about any more gear. Besides the money issue space has become valuable. Thank God, you've got an understanding wife....That's awesome!   ;)

Jay Northrop

Awsome. I'm lucky in the sense that I have a big enough garage. And well any garage would fit all of what I have. But thats awsome that your wife is making the one room all for you. Congrats...

William Leslie

I'm still in the basement waiting for my daughter to move out on her own. According to her, it's going to be a long wait. She likes things just the way they are. She makes the bills and we pay them. Maybe if I tell her we're moving to a new home and there is not enough room for her to come along. Then I give her the apartment for rent section of the newspaper with several ads circled in RED. One can only hope.

jokerjkny

wow,

the love just blinds thru my monitor.  awesome stuff.  8)

Shane Stylianos

Quote from: efaubert1 on March 04, 2006, 07:01 AM
Maybe she like me afterall.

And you'll owe her the rest of your life.....

HAHA...that's pretty cool.  I could see my wife doing something like that for me...

efaubert1

Yeah, I will owe for the rest of my life.....if she lets me stay around that long.

DRWM

Nice!

Too bad my wife isn't friends with your wife.  8)

MVanDoren1

well, this is all just great.  I've recently had a similar experience.  My wife is TOTALLY into ruber stamp art (custom cards, etc.) kinda related to scrap booking.  We had a spare bedroom with all her stuff covering 2 full walls.  She recently opened a store here in springfield, mo. and the drums were able to move into the new room as she placed all her stuff in her new studio.  We have the computer and my youngest son has all kinds of art outlets (finger paints, easel, scissors, paints, markers, etc,.  now he's been known to take scissors to the cats whiskers, his own hair and clothing as well as the arm rest on our living room couch.  i pray he leaves the drums alone but i'm just a'waitn the day i find some personalized art on my drum heads :))
But having the space is GREAT

hankster

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eliasfrangoulis

WOW, thats awesome! Ur a lucky man. Im fortunate enough to have a huge room 2 myself, its right in the middle of my house 2. My huge 3 bass drum set up almost takes up the whole room! but my dad says if i get anymore drum stuff, hes kicking me out of the house, cuz Im taking up all of the space!!!

efaubert1

Drums moved in today, soon as the wall coverings are to my WIFES expectations I'll get some pictures.

Roger Beverage

Take your favorite picture of her, take it to a photo shop and have a poster made of it. Hang it in your drum room and everything will be cool.  ;D

Roger

Roger Beverage

It is co cool that your wife is so supportive.  I too, am blessed with such a woman.  I have half the basement that has been partioned off as a teaching/practice/rehearsal room.  It is regarded as my space and any foreign objects placed there will be removed before the next band rehearsal.  

It helps that she plays the fife in our American Civil War fife and drum corps and also sings with my big band.

She is already asking me what kind of drum/music stuff I want for our upcoming anniversary !

Roger

efaubert1

not done yet, but on the way. Still need wall covering for behind the drums and a window treatment.

DRWM

Yeah, nice man.  Cool rug too! 8)

efaubert1

I found the rug at Lowes, and picked it up with a gift card I won at the company christmas party. Some of the design put me in the mind of a treble clef.

felix

Right On!  Congrats.  :)

Maybe move in your stereo, click and mirrors...oh I see your stereo.  Why don't you put it behind your kit?  

My wife is pretty cool about my stuff too... for the most part.

efaubert1

Felix, I may put it behind my kit at some point. But I have wireless headphones and a remote, so it isn't too bad the way it's set up. Way more room than I had.

Rylie

Here's my tree house, which my beautiful, loving, patient, giving, generous wife donated to me when the youngest kid moved out.

No Squirrels Allowed.