Topic: Can you read music?  (Read 9147 times)

felix

Re:Can you read music?
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Not very well

Offline Shane Stylianos

• VIP / Subscriber
  • You only have to be better than you were yesterday
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2006, 08:22 AM »
I can sight read most drum music, and I'm a bit slower on pitched note, but I can read those as well.
"If the problem has a solution, worrying is pointless, in the end the problem will be solved. If the problem has no solution, there is no reason to worry, because it can't be solved." Zen Proverb

Offline rca

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Yes.

Benjamin8888i

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2006, 05:47 AM »
I dislike reading tie notes. (Notes that are bonded together).
Sometimes I get confused and play the prominant parts twice eg. crashing the cymbal twice in triplet timing instead of once with the same measure/timing.
Example in dotted sixteens; (can also replicate triplets).

Wrong method: 1 e + CRASH CRASH. Crashing on the "ah" and "2" simituanously is wrong.

Correct: 1 e + CRASH 2. Crashing on the "ah" alone is correct.

As you can see, "2" is already the new note part and the "ah" of the old note part is tied to the "2" of the new note(Which is the duplicated note). In written music, the tie notes are written twice with a tie in-betwen and can be quite confusing. You just need to play on the correct one and rest on the duplicated one still keeping timing (As if you had played the note twice).

METALDRUMMER

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Yea. I'm not the best, but enough to get me through.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram