Topic: Think driving in a cross-wind is tricky?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Stewart Manley

• Cafe VIP
  • quondam 'moosetication'
Think driving in a cross-wind is tricky?
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:01 PM »
 ]Holy getting-it-sideways, Batman...

Offline agogobil

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Holy shirt!  :o  
If thine enemy offend thee, give his child a drum.

Offline smoggrocks

• Cafe VIP
  • Is there another word for synonym?
    • Meet the Fearsome Foursome
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 06:04 PM »
 :o

i've got half the office huddled around me, watching.

that actually happened to a friend of mine, in his twin engine. mucho wing damage. but he came out okay.

crazy stuff.
The most wasted day of all is that on which you have not laughed.

Danno

Re:Think driving in a cross-wind is tricky?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:56 PM »
That's just jaw-dropping. I think I watched it about forty times.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:02 PM »
First off, the cross wind was not that bad as evidenced by the wind sock in the background.  It looks to be about 15 knots.  I think this is more than likely a certification test or maybe a maximum demonstrated crosswind maneuver, which for that aircraft is around 24 knots.  It could also be pilot training on single engine maneuvers.  Either way, the aircraft was almost empty, no passengers and a light fuel load.  You would be surprised at some of the positions the aircraft has been in during the flight test I have conducted.  BUT, it is still fun to watch.
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline Tony

• Cafe VIP
  • Art is the expression of the self.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:13 AM »
First off, the cross wind was not that bad as evidenced by the wind sock in the background.  It looks to be about 15 knots.  I think this is more than likely a certification test or maybe a maximum demonstrated crosswind maneuver, which for that aircraft is around 24 knots.  It could also be pilot training on single engine maneuvers.  Either way, the aircraft was almost empty, no passengers and a light fuel load.  You would be surprised at some of the positions the aircraft has been in during the flight test I have conducted.  BUT, it is still fun to watch.

Or it could have been these guys:

http://www.courttv.com/talk/chat_transcripts/2005/0608pilots-verdict.html]http://www.courttv.com/talk/chat_transcripts/2005/0608pilots-verdict.html

Sorry Louis, no offense meant towards your industry ;)
The techniques, though they play an important role in the early stage, should not be too restrictive, complex or mechanical. If we cling to them, we will become bound by their limitation.  Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it.

Offline kohei

• Silver Member
    • jon raney
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Isn't KaiTak pretty bad anyway? I mean, Hong Kong ain't that big; the rap is, on take off or landing, you're close enough to apartment buildings that you can look in the windows.
If thine enemy offend thee, give his child a drum.

"It takes pretty great drummer to be better than no drummer at all." - Chet Baker

Offline Bob Bartley

• Cafe VIP
    • Bongobob51
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Try this one...

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram