• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

comments on my drum playing or mixing?

Started by Jwoo10, May 17, 2006, 06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwoo10

jermdogg

I like the song and your  drumming ideas. (already stuck in my head)

On the whole, it has too much reverb on everything...too airy for the drive you are laying down.  Also, consider leaving out the drags during the chorus or overdub with a higher pitched snare so they aren't as quiet in the mix.

Well done.

Jwoo10

Thanks for your comments folks... These tracks were done in my home studio. I use Cubase SX and collaborate via the internet. I've never even met the rest of the folks on the song. I've done litterally 100's of songs with folks learning all the while.

Rylie

Excellent! I went to the Better Off Dad website, and they owe you a percentage of the CD I bought!

Keep it up!

Jwoo10

Thanks for the kudos Warren, my friend! I'm sure Chris and Jaimee will be happy you purchased their CD.. it was SERIOIUS fun tracking that project!

Dave Lemonds

Jwoo10-
Very nice playing on that track! Excellent job!

Jwoo10

Thank you Dave....comming from someone with your credentials thats quite the compliment!

and Thanks for the add at myspace too.. I tried to sign up to your site b4 I realized you'd sent me an add request.. *(wasn't able to because of the password requirement you've got on it)...

I'm humbled

Bart Elliott

Nice tasty playing ... good feel. Drums sound good.

It's hard to comment too much on the mix since I'm listening to an MP3, but the mix seems to be fine. I can hear everything, and I like having the drums more out front. Too many producers stick the drums in back of the mix and you can't hear all that is going on. Your playing merits an "upfront" mix ... so congrats!

Jwoo10

I'm humbled all over again.. teriffic comments coming from someone of your calibur as well.. Thanks so much. God Bless my friend! and Thanks for this forum as well it's nice to have a place to come where feedback is provided by your peers... (Folks who UNDERSTAND what it takes to do what we do)...!!!

I'm listening to the songs on the  "lets hear you play" Thread now.. Suppose I shoulda posted thgis track there (sorry I didn't see it at first)...

Some seriously talented folks hgere I respect everyone I've heard here so far. Loads of talent ..I look forward to learning as much as I can from the Obvious YEARS of experience being offered!

Drumlooney

Very good playing and the mix is nice as well, I like your balance on guitars not to overdone.  Good work man.

Jwoo10

Thanks for the kind words Loonie... How'd ya hook up a gig at a studio... ?

I've been thinking about that (at least part time) for the last few years. I spent 21 of the last 25 years in the US Air Force and that had me travelling all the time (NO Stability) but now that I'm retired a settled... I was wondering how to go about it... any ideas?

DWdrmr

That is good!! I really like how you wove the fills with the melody/guitars..without being overbearing.
Love the tune (whoever wrote it) and I liked the mix and the chorus snare drags. (leave them in) :)

How did you get into a cyber-deal like that, where people send you songs to play on? Interesting.

Jwoo10

Thanks fer the kudos DW...

QuoteHow did you get into a cyber-deal like that, where people send you songs to play on? Interesting.

There are TONS of online collaboration sites out there... ya just gotta google it... some are cool ...some have butt heads... some cost...some don't.. it's just a matter of what yer looking for.

Chris

I think your performance suits the song perfectly, really well done. I would agree that the track seems a touch too "airy".

What's your studio set-up?

DrumerFromSysinoid

I'm going to go against the crowd here and say nah it aint too airy. It gives it that kind of epic/large feeling that seems to suit the song. Kind of like the mix on The Music's albums.