• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Canadian Used Gear

Started by RouteThreeBlues, July 20, 2006, 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RouteThreeBlues

I know everyone sings the praises of Ebay for buying gear, and there really is a TON of good gear at good prices on there, but it is mainly for U.S. customers. For every 8000 cymbals listed on ebay.com, there are many 10 listed on ebay.ca! Some U.S. sellers will ship to Canada, but the postage is horrendous!

So my question is: do any of the peeps here unfortunate to enough to live north of the border (in gear shopping terms only) know of any good, used online sites for gear other than ebay.ca? Stores online that acutally list their used gear, auctions, whatever.

RouteThreeBlues

On a side note, does anyone know how much duty there is on instruments coming into Canada from the U.S.?

Danno

Quote from: Route Three Blues on July 21, 2006, 06:56 AM
On a side note, does anyone know how much duty there is on instruments coming into Canada from the U.S.?

I would like to know this too. When I first got on eBay I sold a cymbal to a Canadian, and the customs thing became a nightmare - an entire day sending e-mails, making phone calls, etc., to straighten it out. I decided to never sell to Canadians again, BUT I'd love to understand how the customs thing works so that I COULD sell to Canada.