• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Lasik surgery - finally

Started by Rylie, August 06, 2006, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeepnDrummer

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on August 11, 2006, 09:01 PM

Mr. A. turns pale and whimpers like a little girl...
lol!  Makes that colonoscopy look good, eh?  ;D

Robyn

QuoteThe only discomfort was when they suck your eyeball into the slicer to hold it still

EEEWWWW!! :-\ :( :o

I never did like doing eye surgeries--always gave me the willies.

Glad you are DONE and on the mend!

robyn

Danno

Quote from: Warren Peese on August 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
...The only discomfort was when they suck your eyeball into the slicer...

When they what? ...

When they WHAT?!?

MVanDoren1

Glad you were able to have that done.  My wife had it done a year back or so and she's sooo pleased with the results.  Her contact prescriptions were such that without them she was legally blind.  They were able to customize her such that she has 20/20 in one eye and something like 20/15 in the other??? Said it was to help with night driving, etc.  All she knows is... once she was blind... but now she can "C".
It took her a little while for the vision to clear up completely.  I'd get updates every few hours.  You know...  "honey- right now you look like a blurry tree trunk."  Then later  "Honey- WOW this surgery is great... right now I can actually begin to see form and definition. Still al little fuzzy but you're coming more and more into focus".  Finally,  "Honey- come into the room so I can look at you now...(screams with horror followed by)  "OMG I married THAT?" ;D.
Seriously though she was truly ELATED, I'm sure you will be too.

Rylie

Quote from: Danno on August 12, 2006, 02:28 AM

When they what? ...

When they WHAT?!?

;D

It's actually a device that fits over your eyeball with an airtight seal, then they create a vacuum in it which steadies the eyeball so the can opener looking device can create the corneal flap. Gives me the willies too even now, but it's painless other than the momentary pressure. It's over before you know it.

Today it's even better and I'm glad I did it.

Dave Heim

Quote from: JeepnDrummer on August 11, 2006, 10:23 PM
lol!  Makes that colonoscopy look good, eh?  ;D

Off topic a tad,  but I went in for a cholesterol check a few weeks ago and when my doctor (always the comedian) comes in the exam room he leads off with:

"I had a patient in last week for a prostate exam, he said he wanted a second opinion so I used two fingers."

In Ed MacMahon voice:  Hi-ohhhh!

We now return to your colonoscopy and Lasik procedures, already in progress. . .

Rylie

Quote from: Dave From Chicago on August 12, 2006, 11:00 AM
Off topic a tad,  but I went in for a cholesterol check a few weeks ago and when my doctor (always the comedian) comes in the exam room he leads off with:

"I had a patient in last week for a prostate exam, he said he wanted a second opinion so I used two fingers."

In Ed MacMahon voice:  Hi-ohhhh!

We now return to your colonoscopy and Lasik procedures, already in progress. . .

I asked my doctor for second opinion, and he said "O.K., you're ugly, too".

Joke courtesy of Rodney Dangerfield

Danno

Quote from: Warren Peese on August 12, 2006, 10:16 AM
...it's painless other than the momentary pressure.

Yeah - but that's exactly what they say about brain surgery.

Quote from: Warren Peese on August 12, 2006, 10:16 AM
It's over before you know it.

Brain surgery again.

Listen, they sucked your head into this thing, cut a flap, you felt no pain ...sounds like they mistakenly performed a brainectomy. I strongly suggest you check your head all over for sutures.

Hey, it happens. My uncle James went in for a cholesterol screening and they took out his frontal lobes. And on top of that they didn't even check his cholesterol.

Rylie

Come to think of it, the facility didn't appear to have much to do with opthalmic science. And when I saw the big Indian throw the water cooler through the window, it made me wonder if I may have been in the correct wing.

Is Lasik supposed to involve ball gags and electric shock?

Dave Heim

Quote from: Warren Peese on August 14, 2006, 09:35 AM
Come to think of it, the facility didn't appear to have much to do with opthalmic science. And when I saw the big Indian throw the water cooler through the window, it made me wonder if I may have been in the correct wing.

Hmmm. . .  were they administered by a Nurse Rached?

Danno

Quote from: Warren Peese on August 14, 2006, 09:35 AM

Mine did. They didn't call it Lasik back then, though, they called it ...

they called it, um ...