• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Need Help about getting money back from bank

Started by pohsoonteng, August 30, 2006, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pohsoonteng

Hey guys, the Wuhan S Hats that i ordered has still not yet arrived and i've called the company so many times and never got an answer til my phone is about to break. Now, their phone line has been disconnected. I think they have gone bankrupt... I've called Citibank last week about it and they say they have to mail me some paperwork and forms for me to fill and then fax it to them so that they can file an investigation... Anyone got any experience like this?

I wanna get my money back as soon as possible so that i can order Masterwork Pera Hihats...

Todd Norris

I assume that the purchase was made with a credit card?  If so, then that sounds like the standard procedure.  It may take a week or more to get it sorted out.  If you paid by check you are probably out of luck. 

Vintage Ludwig

Just relax-your c.c. company should take care of you.  Although this isnt unheard of, its unfortunate.  We assume a certain degree of risk when buying gooods from an internet/mail order source.  You are headed in the right direction simply by contacting your cc. co-

Good luck, be patient.

pohsoonteng

i hope everything is going to be fine... and i've been needing a set of hats badly... this isnt helping... haha. Still stuck with stupid brass zildjian scimitars til then...

Robyn

Hang in there Poh. I did have a similar experience a couple years ago w/ a harness that I ordered. The harness maker was a small company, actually a single individual--said it would take about 2 weeks to make. She didn't respond to emails and almost never answered her phone, didn't have an answering machine. When I did get hold of her, there was always an excuse--I've been sick, blah blah blah. So after almost 2 mos of not getting my ($600) harness, I filed a report w/ my credit card company. Not sure if things are different over your way, but here we have 60 days after payment to file a grievance like this. It was very simple to do and very effective, as I got a call from the lady within a week! Got my money back, no charges, no problems.

Good luck, robyn

pohsoonteng

Quote from: robyn on August 30, 2006, 12:30 PM
Hang in there Poh. I did have a similar experience a couple years ago w/ a harness that I ordered. The harness maker was a small company, actually a single individual--said it would take about 2 weeks to make. She didn't respond to emails and almost never answered her phone, didn't have an answering machine. When I did get hold of her, there was always an excuse--I've been sick, blah blah blah. So after almost 2 mos of not getting my ($600) harness, I filed a report w/ my credit card company. Not sure if things are different over your way, but here we have 60 days after payment to file a grievance like this. It was very simple to do and very effective, as I got a call from the lady within a week! Got my money back, no charges, no problems.

Good luck, robyn

60 days? Thats hella long... i hope mine wont be as long though... i've had to turn down a few gigs because of the hats... This really sux...

Robyn

No, you're misunderstanding. I had 60 days after paying in which to file--I think the money was credited to my account within a week.

robyn

pohsoonteng

Quote from: robyn on August 30, 2006, 12:41 PM
No, you're misunderstanding. I had 60 days after paying in which to file--I think the money was credited to my account within a week.

robyn

sweet... :D