• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Giving thanks

Started by Rylie, November 25, 2006, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rylie

I finally invested in a Roc N Soc Nitro throne, and my butt and back threw a party with roast turkey, oyster dressing, all sorts of side dishes, home made peach and pumpkin pies, then gave me a day off to eat it, just to say "thanks". Even my 82 year old mom showed up to cook everything. Who knew?

Seriously, I can't believe the difference a solid, comfortable seat makes.

Todd Norris

Quote from: Warren Peese on November 25, 2006, 08:41 PM
I finally invested in a Roc N Soc Nitro throne, and my butt and back threw a party with roast turkey, oyster dressing, all sorts of side dishes, home made peach and pumpkin pies, then gave me a day off to eat it, just to say "thanks". Even my 82 year old mom showed up to cook everything. Who knew?

Aw man, I got ripped off!  My butt and back just said "thanks".  No party.  What a rip.

Louis Russell

Quote from: Warren Peese on November 25, 2006, 08:41 PM

I keep telling everyone that the throne is the most important part of your drumkit.   8)

Todd Norris

Quote from: Louis on November 25, 2006, 10:27 PM
I keep telling everyone that the throne is the most important part of your drumkit.   8)

Yep.  Yours and the other folks' recommendations spurred my purchase.  I haul it back and forth to church each week.  At first, people thought I was crazy, but I demonstrated the difference with the old throne there and they quickly agreed! 

Rylie

I have to get another one with arms for the desk in my music room. These things are unbelievebaly comfy!

Danno

Quote from: Warren Peese on November 26, 2006, 06:34 PM
I have to get another one with arms for the desk in my music room. These things are unbelievebaly comfy!

Dude - you spelled 'unbelievably' wrong. Not like you. I think that new throne has made you lazy. For your desk chair I suggest a simple block of obsidian. Wroks works for me!

Rylie

Quote from: Danno on November 26, 2006, 07:08 PM
Dude - you spelled 'unbelievably' wrong. Not like you. I think that new throne has made you lazy. For your desk chair I suggest a simple block of obsidian. Wroks works for me!

My God. What have I become?   :-[

Mister Acrolite

Quote from: Warren Peese on November 26, 2006, 08:04 PM

My God. What have I become?   :-[

I hereby sentence you to ten minutes at the Pearl drum forum.

Rylie

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on November 26, 2006, 08:08 PM

OK, but first I'll have to get vulgarly defensive about my choice of drums, and rearrange the keys on my keyboard.

Todd Norris

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on November 26, 2006, 08:08 PM

That's cruel and unusual punishment.  Even for this offense.  Mr. A., what have YOU become? 

;)