• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

DW 9000 Double Pedal help

Started by 1Xanadu1, December 07, 2006, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Xanadu1

Hello i bought a DW 9000 pedal not to long ago. I really like them alot, but I do have some problems with them and I was wondering if anybody could help me out. You see the the main pedal is sooooo smooth I love it so much its so easy to play with it and needs verry litte effort. But the extra pedal....not so much. It's very stiff and needs alot of effort to make a sound. The result is a horable sounding double bass pattern. Ive tried many differnt ways to adjust the spring tension on the 2nd pedal but nothing is working. And no its not because i lack the strengh in my left foot, i tested the spring tension on both pedals with my right hand and the right pedal is far more smoother then the left. Can anyone help me out with some sugestions??

felix

The left is always going to feel a little weird.

Set up the footboards/beaters to where you are happy then set springs so when you press both pedals down at the same time: 1.hold them against the head 2. then pull you feet off at the exact same time.  If they swing back in tandem you have them set as perfect as it's going to get.  The slave pedal will slow down and stop first cause there is more resistance, but you will see- they will swing in tandem and should feel pretty close even if you check with your hand.

1Xanadu1

Ok thanks! ill try it and post back with results

felix

yeah, by tandem I mean "together" hope that was clear.

Good luck and keep jammin

1Xanadu1

Yep that defenitly did the trick, thanks man.