• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)

Started by Bart Elliott, January 01, 2007, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Walker

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 02, 2017, 07:42 AM
Welcome back James!
I've associated all of your old forum posts to your new account.

Thanks, Bart - good to be back.   :)

Luke Matheson

Hello, my name is Luke and I've been playing for a little over 25 years. I play a lot of contemporary gospel and blues. I have a six piece Mapex with Sabian cymbals. I hope to fellowship with other drummers, and continue to learn about the craft as I continue to play.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Luke Matheson on April 21, 2017, 11:49 PM
Hello, my name is Luke and I've been playing for a little over 25 years. I play a lot of contemporary gospel and blues. I have a six piece Mapex with Sabian cymbals. I hope to fellowship with other drummers, and continue to learn about the craft as I continue to play.

Welcome Luke!

loonymoon

Hi there new beginner here, just had my fourth lesson at the ripe age of 40 yesterday. Beginning to think about getting an e-kit to practice at home. But I'll post separately about that.

Enjoying it so far, something I always wanted to try.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mark Counts

Hi, I am Mark Counts. I am not new here but haven't been around much for about 4 years. My last post was in 2013. Learned a bunch from the Drummer Cafe and all of it's great people and was missing it. Thought I would stop in and say "HI". I will try not to be a stranger. By the way, still jamming with the same people I was playing music with since 2002. Peace!!!

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Mark Counts on July 17, 2017, 01:29 PM
Hi, I am Mark Counts. I am not new here but haven't been around much for about 4 years. My last post was in 2013. Learned a bunch from the Drummer Cafe and all of it's great people and was missing it. Thought I would stop in and say "HI". I will try not to be a stranger. By the way, still jamming with the same people I was playing music with since 2002. Peace!!!

Nice to see you back here at the Drummer Cafe, Mark! Glad to hear that you are still playing too.

Cameron Baker

Hi everyone, my name is Cameron and I've been playing on my drum kit for about 2-3 weeks and am absolutely loving it. I have always wanted to do some sort of percussion, going from Scottish drumming to beat boxing and now I'm here. Right now i'm in the last year of my university course so I'm trying to put in as much practice as I can before I'm drowning in work. I saw this this community and it looked perfect to get some helpful guidance, advice and good conversations about the awesome instrument we play.
Anyway, nice to meet you all!!  ;D

Bart Elliott

Welcome Cameron! Nice to meet you and congratulations on your new endeavor with the drum kit.

Nick Cesarz

Hello all,

Somewhat new to the forum. I have been actively reading the forum for many years, but have not contributed. I am a drummer and musician from Milwaukee, WI. Been playing drums for about eighteen years now. I play, write, and tour with a band called Vinyl Theatre. Half of my year is spent in a van flying down the highway. :D Looking forward to chatting in the community and thank you in advance for the welcome.  :)

Bart Elliott

Welcome to the Drummer Cafe forum, Nick!

Bart Elliott

Welcome to the Drummer Cafe, Tom.

I'm sure I can come up with a few hand drum repair questions for you!

John Sonefeld

Hello drummer friends!
I am a drummer / percussionist many years now, and continue to love the practice!
My musical preferences are many and eclectic, and I enjoy playing many varied genres.
Similarly, I have played and appreciated the products of many varied brands.  Presently, I am fortunate enough to own a few different unique kits, the "main" one being a North drums based beast.
I primarily play now for health reasons.  As you probably know, the cardio benefit is significant, but also, I happen to have medical issues with all four limbs, which puts focus on coordination, as well.
I am happy to be here, and look forward to brushing shoulders with you!
John

Bart Elliott

Ben Jacklin

Hi all, I'm Ben, I come from a recording and studio engineering background and run a website which features info on recording and drumming as well as music gear (http://subreel.com) hope that I can make a contribution for those who are interested in recording drums as much as anything here on the site, while brushing up on my drum skills.

Doug Stehle

Helloooooo! What's old is new again....My name is Doug and I'm not new but returning to the DC after several years of silence. I am still playing drums but not quite as much as I used to, as I have been running my own restaurant for the past 4+ years. Not currently playing in a band but my most recent band was a Tool tribute I played in for about 5 or 6 years. I had stopped playing for a while just because of a hectic life, but last summer I had the pleasure of spending a week with Dweezil Zappa and his whole band....got to play with them and took a private lesson with Ryan Brown, his drummer. That got my juices flowing again and I am making time for music again...coming back here is just another way of stimulating my need to play drums...Good to see ya!
Doug

riswanasif

Thank you for accepting me to this group.

Jon E

Hey folks!  I'm not new here, but have been gone for a while.

It's good to be back talkin' Drums!!

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Jon E on March 23, 2018, 04:05 PM
Hey folks!  I'm not new here, but have been gone for a while.

It's good to be back talkin' Drums!!

Good to have you back, Jon!

Brett Sheaffer

Like several of you in recent posts, I'm not new here, but haven't been actively posting on the forum since -- wow -- early 2012. Life happens sometimes.  But with it, hopefully a bit more understanding and maturity, right?
I just turned 50 last year, and with that milestone I'm feeling more persuaded to be available to share what I've learned over the years, and be a part of others' growth.  So I'm hoping I can do a better job of not just visiting the forum from time to time, but usefully contributing on a regular basis.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Brett Sheaffer on April 03, 2018, 11:19 AM
Like several of you in recent posts, I'm not new here, but haven't been actively posting on the forum since -- wow -- early 2012. Life happens sometimes.  But with it, hopefully a bit more understanding and maturity, right?
I just turned 50 last year, and with that milestone I'm feeling more persuaded to be available to share what I've learned over the years, and be a part of others' growth.  So I'm hoping I can do a better job of not just visiting the forum from time to time, but usefully contributing on a regular basis.

Great to see you here again, Brett!