• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)

Started by Bart Elliott, January 01, 2007, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel L Brown

Hello, Dan here.     I'm 64, been playing drums for 50 years now. I had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries and a thumb reconstruction in my right dominant hand It is extremely hard to play matched grip in my right hand, and am considering traditional grip in my right hand! Yes, my right hand! Anybody out there been there n done that????

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Daniel L Brown on February 24, 2019, 04:38 PM
Hello, Dan here.     I'm 64, been playing drums for 50 years now. I had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries and a thumb reconstruction in my right dominant hand It is extremely hard to play matched grip in my right hand, and am considering traditional grip in my right hand! Yes, my right hand! Anybody out there been there n done that?

Welcome, Dan!

Glad you are still playing despite all that you've gone through physically. I haven't played reversed Traditional grip much, simply because I haven't had a need... and I've got plenty to work on already.

There are some players out there who play reversed Traditional grip... and are right-handed. One particular individual I've seen do this is Billy Cobham... but he doesn't more for fun (and to show off  ;D ) than doing it out of necessity.

John Cross

Quote from: Bart Elliott on January 01, 2007, 09:07 AM
If you are new to our drum & percussion community forum here at the Drummer Cafe, and would like to introduce yourself ... this is the thread to do it in!

As the founder of the Drummer Cafe, I would like to personally welcome you and all of our new forum members! Tell us how you found out about the Drummer Cafe!

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the  http://www.drummercafe.com/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=1]forum rules .
Hello everyone, and Hello Bart, we did an interview at the Summer NAMM show some years ago, this is Jon of joncrosscustomdrums and I look forward to chatting with other drum builders and drummers alike.

Todd Dubovy

Hey there.  I'm an amateur drummer.  I have been playing since I was about 12 years old, so that works out to about 45 years.  I have been active on and off over the years but I'd say more off than on.  At one point I was able to connect with some people in NYC and we did a number of showcases in the Village at the Bitter End and the Red Lion.  That was more than 15 years ago and I am now trying to work on my playing some more and have been jamming with some guys for fun before covid-19.  Looking forward to some vibrant and healthy discussion about drumming and music and anything else that floats your boat.  Big fan of fusion, jazz, funk, r & b, rock and all things Zappa.