Topic: Alter Bridge  (Read 2018 times)

psdrummer

Alter Bridge
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Is anyone a fan of this band? If not, you need to check them out! One of the best current rock acts.

Offline Drum Slave Jack

• Cafe VIP
  • Supporting The Drummer Cafe In Australia
Re: Alter Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 07:27 AM »
I'm very impressed with them, i got one day remains about 2 months ago. It's very good! How long you been a fan?
Jack
Drums O Clock

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
  • It is OK to be a little Nutz!!!
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 09:53 AM »
So far, I like what I have heard.  Need to buy the CD.
                          Nutty
I love The Cafe. "God First". If there is music today, it is a great day".
"Tama Star Classics and Paiste cymbals for ever" !!!

chefdoug

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Aren't they just Creed with a different singer, or is there more to the story?

I do like what I have heard though. Make's sense 'cause I kinda liked Creed a few years ago.

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
  • It is OK to be a little Nutz!!!
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:22 PM »
Hey chefdoug,
I have the CD now and I can say that they sound like Creed with a different but not to different vocalist.  Sounds a bit like Sound Gardens Vocals.  More vocal range than Scott.   I am hearing more lead guitar in this music. If you read up on this drummer, he hasn't been playing as long as you might think. 
                                Nutty
I love The Cafe. "God First". If there is music today, it is a great day".
"Tama Star Classics and Paiste cymbals for ever" !!!

psdrummer

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 09:06 PM »
There's deffinetly a similarity between AB and Creed, since guitarist Mark Tremonti was the main songwriter in Creed, and wrote most of the songs for AB's first record. There second, however, will be more of a group effort. Keep your eyes out for their second disc, it will most likely blow their first cd out of the water. There's no date, but it should be out sometime this year, probably later.

And btw, I've been a fan for close to 2 years. anyone who enjoys AB should also look into Submersed (Tremonti co-produced their cd) and Dark New Day. (Brett Hestla, Creed's bassist on the wheathered tour, is the lead singer, and he has a heck of a voice. Also, their drummer comes up with some nice hard rock grooves, but he keeps it interesting at the same time).

Offline Dead Trooper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:18 PM »
Cool band, much less "grandiose" than Creed. As it's been said, more guitar solo driven, a bit more metal and technical, and a broader vocal range. Scott Phillips really shows his worth on that record, solid double bass chops, more complex parts while never losing the groove. Very solid drummer who started late in the instrument.

On a related note, Stapp's new record was mediocre at best IMHO.
It's still Rock'n'Roll to me.

psdrummer

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Oh, deffinetly, it was one of the most generic cd's I've bought. One of the few bad choices I've made in cd buying. It's obvious who was behind the musical creativity in creed, now that you see them seperated. The only kudos I gotta give Stapp is that I've always enjoyed his lyrics, particularily in Creed. The lyrics on his solo cd were more positive, but not as well written.

Offline Drum Slave Jack

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 04:10 PM »
On a fairly related note i got animosity by sevendust recently. First time i heard them.....mightily impressed man.
Jack
Drums O Clock

psdrummer

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 06:07 PM »
I haven't gotten into their music yet.... although I know Clint Lowery, formely of Sevendust, is in the band Dark New Day that I mentioned before. The're worth a serious looking into.

Offline Dead Trooper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 09:21 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Sevendust, but they sure are a tight band. Very powerful and innovative, and it's that way in their shows as well from their DVDs I've seen.
It's still Rock'n'Roll to me.

Offline Drum Slave Jack

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Got twelve year silence today.....i'm yet to check it out....i'll let you guys know though.
Jack
Drums O Clock

Offline Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 04:59 PM »
I don't think I've here AB yet, but I have Stapp's solo CD called the Great Divide.  It's fantastic. 

Offline Drum Slave Jack

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Checked out twelve year silence today. It's immense, got some really nice drumming on it. It gets a bit samey after a while but it's still a very good album.
Jack
Drums O Clock

psdrummer

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 02:07 PM »
agreed. Got any favorite tracks? drumming-wise, for me it would be Taking Me Alive, Brother (not a chops fest by any means, but really tasteful, smart drumming) and Free. Just from a general musical/lyrical perspective, it would still be Brother and Free, and also Evergreen.

Offline Drum Slave Jack

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 03:44 PM »
I think evergreen is my fave, i just love the intro.
I agree with taking me alive, it is a good song, especially good loud!!! but isn't all metal? Also brother has a great guitar riff!
Jack
Drums O Clock

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram