Topic: CYMBALS!  (Read 2659 times)

Bishara

CYMBALS!
« on: February 03, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Hey guys...i knw tht this topic probably has been done many times b4...but i need to knw wht other ppl think..which cymbals do u have/think r the best??Pictures plz ppl!!

i have a zildjian ZBT splash 10"inch and ZBT crash, 14"inch (i will upload my pics ASAP)

Mister Acrolite

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm not bald; I'm aerodynamic.
    • k e i t h c r o n i n . c o m
Re: CYMBALS!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Hey guys...i knw tht this topic probably has been done many times b4...but i need to knw wht other ppl think..which cymbals do u have/think r the best??Pictures plz ppl!!

i have a zildjian ZBT splash 10"inch and ZBT crash, 14"inch (i will upload my pics ASAP)

Welcome to the forum. We encourage the use of entire words when posting, since those words will stay around for a while.

Why don't you take some time to read some threads here? I think you'll find our discussions tend to go a bit deeper that "what/who is the best?"

Bishara

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:43 PM »
oh..thx 4 the advice man...i jst needed advice on my cymbals..i think i shouldve bought paistes or smth else...lol....
thx again

Chris Whitten

• Honorary VIP
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Hi.
As has been said, full length words are appreciated. There are members from countries far and wide whose first language is not english.
It'll just make life easier.
As to cymbals.
It really is a massive subject. There is no way of saying what you should have bought or which cymbals are best.
Neil Peart prefers Paragons, Matt Chamberlain, Istanbul Agops, Kenny Aronoff likes Zildjian. All the well known cymbal companies make great cymbals.
Look around the forum and read a few past cymbal topics perhaps.  :)

Dave Heim

• Honorary VIP
  • August 26, 1955 - November 16, 2012
    • daveheimdrums
    • daveheim
    • Dave Heim
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 06:22 PM »
oh..thx 4 the advice man...i jst needed advice on my cymbals..i think i shouldve bought paistes or smth else...lol....
thx again

Why? 

And as othrs hv sd, the vnty plt shrthnd is rly hrd 2 rd. . .  lol

maktub

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Hello, gentlemen I know that this topic has probably come up many times in the past, but I'd like to hear your opinion. What cymbals do you find to have the best sound? I'd appreciate it if you'd post pictures as well!

I currently use a Zildjian ZBT 10" splash and Zildjian 14" crash cymbals. (I will upload pictures of my cymbals as soon as I'm able)
Fixed.

yankeeboy13

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Why? 

And as othrs hv sd, the vnty plt shrthnd is rly hrd 2 rd. . .  lol

dve its nt tht hrd to rd

lol that stuff drives me crazy

Bruno

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 01:29 PM »

Mark W

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 04:21 PM »
There will be hundreds of threads on cymbals in the history of this forum...you can dig them all up but using the search feature, so try searching for 'cymbals' or something more specific in the search box above.

Of course, if you want to know something more specific that maybe hasn't been covered before, I'm sure people will be more than willing to help you out. It might help to try speaking in proper English though.

Welcome to the Cafe.

Bishara

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 03:18 AM »
Thnx..

JDrummys

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 11:55 AM »
There should be an age minimum on this board...However, my nephew is 10 and is still more literate.

Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 01:01 PM »
..     .--  ---  ..-   .-..   -..    .-.  .-  -  ....  .  .-.    .-.  .  .-  -..    .-.. ---   --  .--.  .-..   .   -   .     .--   ---  .-.  -..  ...      -   ---  .-.-.-

73s KD5WA

Dave Heim

• Honorary VIP
  • August 26, 1955 - November 16, 2012
    • daveheimdrums
    • daveheim
    • Dave Heim
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 01:07 PM »
..     .--  ---  ..-   .-..   -..    .-.  .-  -  ....  .  .-.    .-.  .  .-  -..    .-.. ---   --  .--.  .-..   .   -   .     .--   ---  .-.  -..  ...      -   ---  .-.-.-

73s KD5WA

Me too!  :)

cascinaidrums

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 02:55 PM »

:'(

yankeeboy13

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 03:45 PM »
on this topic....has anybody used the Sabian 13'' Jam Master Hats? Just by the sound files, they sound like what I'm looking for but I haven't had a chance to try them yet

Bishara

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 04:06 PM »
There should be an age minimum on this board...However, my nephew is 10 and is still more literate.

thts very nice of u

cascinaidrums

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 04:17 PM »
on this topic....has anybody used the Sabian 13'' Jam Master Hats? Just by the sound files, they sound like what I'm looking for but I haven't had a chance to try them yet
Don't depend on sound files unless you are using an e-kit, All Cymbals are different.

Chris Whitten

• Honorary VIP
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 04:18 PM »
There should be an age minimum on this board

Yeah, let's keep it friendly folks.  :)

yankeeboy13

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 04:30 PM »
Don't depend on sound files unless you are using an e-kit, All Cymbals are different.

Yea...I'm still going to go down and bang em, was just wondering about opinions before I do

MOUSE

• Cafe VIP
  • Hit me with rhythm, there is no pain.
    • Neil
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 12:39 AM »
I can recommend to drummers and sufferers of cymbalitis young and old,this book that may put some questions at rest regarding cymbals.

The Cymbal Book by Hugo Pinksterboer.

It will not tell you specifically what to use, but does give you an informed decision and incite into this incredible instrument.

I think it best to listen to other drummers live that play similar music to yourself, and find sounds you enjoy. This lets you hear the cymbal in action.This will get you into a ball park of where to start looking amongst the confusing range of cymbals out there. In no way copy another drummers set up, unless it is just perfect for yourself too.
This of course is going to depend on what you have already.
I tend to avoid brand hype, and have a mix of all major manufacturers in my set ups, personal chioce.

NickC425

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 01:54 PM »
I personally like Avedis Zildjians.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram