• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Cymbals,Drums, hoops, edges, pedals etc...no chick stories?

Started by Paicey, March 14, 2007, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Heim

Quote from: L Lawless on March 15, 2007, 06:44 PM
agogobil was referring to Nancy Sinatra.  ;)

Ah, of course!

Ya know, it just occurred to me the "chick" in the title might mean this guy. . .

Robyn

Quote from: Gaddabout on March 14, 2007, 04:09 PM
I prefer my chicks in hot grease.

Eeeww! It reminds me of this nifty youtube video, which helped me get my son to swear off the cafeteria chicken nuggets forever!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKcd4-IRsBk

For the record, I'm not offended by either "chick" or ma'am.  However, the only groupies I seem to be attracting are the little old ladies at my church who think it's wicked cool that someone semi-near their age group plays the drums in the praise band... ::)

robyn

Dave Heim

Quote from: robyn on March 15, 2007, 10:34 PM
. . . However, the only groupies I seem to be attracting are the little old ladies at my church who think it's wicked cool that someone semi-near their age group plays the drums in the praise band... ::)

robyn

Back in the day, I had roadies - but I wanted groupies!  Now-a-days I have "groupies" - but I need roadies!  :)

Danno

Quote from: robyn on March 15, 2007, 10:34 PM
Eeeww! It reminds me of this nifty youtube video, which helped me get my son to swear off the cafeteria chicken nuggets forever!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKcd4-IRsBk

Oh my GOD. I've always been suspicious of 'chicken nuggets' so I've never eaten one. Now I will never ever ever ever eat one. Still, if you put four Big Macs in front of me, I will eat them all. Once Big Macs went on sale in Pittsburgh for a buck each and I filled up my refrigerator with them, heating them in the microwave whenever I was hungry. I ate them 'til I got sick, and then I ate some more. Hell, even remembering how sick I got I'd eat three right now. Four if someone dared me.

Louis Russell

Quote from: Dave From Chicago on March 15, 2007, 10:38 PM
Back in the day, I had roadies - but I wanted groupies!  Now-a-days I have "groupies" - but I need roadies!  :)

Ain't it funny how priorities change as you age!   ;D

Paicey

Quote from: Louis on March 16, 2007, 09:26 PM
Ain't it funny how priorities change as you age!   ;D
Yes it is Louis, how quickly we forget :).

memfodrumma

Quote from: Dave From Chicago on March 15, 2007, 10:38 PM

u have forgotten the age old adage.....u can more of those with one of them than u can get one of them with a bunch of those...

Drum Slave Jack

Quote from: smoggrocks on March 15, 2007, 12:58 PM
what's the term the brits use? bird? that is very funny to me.
Tends to only be the English, and mainly people from london (refered to as cockneys)
Some people who watch too many london gangster and hooligan films tend to say bird. I never ever say bird as i come from Birmingham and will therefore be slaughtered for using words like that! I just say girl. Seems easy enough.
Jack

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Quote from: Drum Slave Jack on March 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
I never ever say bird as i come from Birmingham and will therefore be slaughtered for using words like that! I just say girl. Seems easy enough.

I'm from Birmingham, too, but we say darlin'.  ;D

Oh, wait, you're from that other Birmingham. What does Eddie Izzard say? The U.S. and England are two countries separated by a common ocean. And it's true!

Chris Whitten

Quote from: Drum Slave Jack on March 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
Tends to only be the English, and mainly people from london (refered to as cockneys)

It's old skool though I think. I can't remember anyone saying 'bird'since the 70's.
These days a lot of people in London talk like 50 cent or Snoop Dog.  ::)

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Chris Whitten on March 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
It's old skool though I think. I can't remember anyone saying 'bird'since the 70's.
These days a lot of people in London talk like 50 cent or Snoop Dog.  ::)

That's sad and scary all at the same time.
What's next? Brits Gone Wild?

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Quote from: Bart Elliott on March 20, 2007, 12:02 AM
What's next? Brits Gone Wild?

They already have it, but it's a bit scaled back from what us Americans are used to. In the British version, young woman on holiday are given several pints of warm beer and goaded into imitating the ritual mating dance of the West African Dawanga tribe. It's not so much erotic as it is another quality family program brought to you by the BBC.

I so belong on an episode of QI.