Topic: RIP Brad Delp of Boston  (Read 2269 times)

DrumDude

• Cafe VIP
RIP Brad Delp of Boston
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:32 PM »

Rusty Beckett

• Cafe VIP
Re: RIP Brad Delp of Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:17 PM »
 :'(

I've got my 57 b'day coming up next week, and it is getting to be a drag hearing about players from my age group (or any age group for that matter) that are passing away.  Rock 'n Roll heaven is getting too crowded.

Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 11:41 PM »
:'(
Rock 'n Roll heaven is getting too crowded.

2nd that.   He will be missed!

mudpuppy

• Cafe VIP
  • Invest wisely. Spend it on yourself!
    • Mudpuppy - The Band
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Very sad. I always loved the distinctive Boston sound to which he contributed greatly. Soon to be 55 myself dosen't make it any easier to hear these things either.
MP Ben

Vintage Ludwig

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:47 PM »
I closed my eyes........then I slipped away

Im sorry but 55 is just waaaaay too soon.  R.I.P.

Gregg Rivers

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm still around!
    • The Rock 92.3 House Band
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:24 PM »
He killed himself. That's just STUPID! Sorry, I hate to see people waste a precious gift. :'(

Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 09:15 AM »
He killed himself. That's just STUPID!

We deal with suicide too often at work!  Each time I find it harder to believe. 

Paul DAngelo

• Cafe VIP
  • Greybeard
    • Paul D'Angelo
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 10:36 AM »
It's amazing the demons some people must have inside them.  From the outside, I would look at Brad Delp and say "Man, that guy's been a super rock star, made lots of money, had his own celebrity, wow that must be soooooo cool".

Well, maybe not. 

I realized a long time ago that attaining some sort of "rock and roll dream" wasn't necessarily going to make me any happier than I am now and that something as trite as "money can't buy happiness" is true.

I guess he didn't find what he needed in fame and money, which surprises me less and less as the years go by.

ShannonLarkin666

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 11:11 AM »
I'll agree to that. Fame and Fortune only bring you more problems, never happyness. I think that's problem the big mistake people make when getting into this business. Sometimes all of that can be taken for granted and mis-construded. R.I.P Brad

Tony

• Cafe VIP
  • Art is the expression of the self.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I'll agree to that. Fame and Fortune only bring you more problems, never happyness. I think that's problem the big mistake people make when getting into this business. Sometimes all of that can be taken for granted and mis-construded. R.I.P Brad

I know plenty of rich and famous people who are quite content.  It would be more accurate to state that if you are an unhappy person, it wouldn't matter if you were rich or poor, anonymous or famous, etc.  The root of happiness is found within; it's a fundamental human quality.  I'm a very happy person and I'm neither rich nor famous.  But if I became either, I'm pretty sure I would continue to be happy.  The things that make most people happy are not tangible and have little material value. 

mandocaster

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 02:54 PM »
I don't know the details of Brad Delp's case, but so many suicides are correlated with bipolar disorders.  It really has nothing to do with money or fame or whatever.  Bipolar people often attempt to self-medicate with alcohol and drugs.  Of course there is a tragic end to many such attempts.

My sympathy goes out to his family.  There always more victims in these cases.

Gregg Rivers

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm still around!
    • The Rock 92.3 House Band
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 03:17 PM »
That's my point! People that do this make me mad because it's TOTAL SELFISHNESS! Rather than addressing problems and trying to correct them, they take the fast way out and totally wreck their loved one's lives. Religion aside (for the sake of the forum rules) it's stupid and self centered of someone to do that. Brad's family has to deal with that scar for the rest of their lives because of rash decision that is irreversible. There's no fixing anything now and his fiancé and family are left to suffer. That's just wrong and I'll never accept it as an "answer" no matter what!

smoggrocks

• Cafe VIP
  • Is there another word for synonym?
    • Meet the Fearsome Foursome
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 04:54 PM »
I don't know the details of Brad Delp's case, but so many suicides are correlated with bipolar disorders.  It really has nothing to do with money or fame or whatever.  Bipolar people often attempt to self-medicate with alcohol and drugs.  Of course there is a tragic end to many such attempts.

that's what i was thinking. he certainly did choose an unusual method.

i agree that mentally ill people often don't mean to do something like this. their illnesses causes them to lack judgment, and stuff like this is often the outcome. very tragic.

in any event, i thought he had a great voice, and they put out some great music. definitely cemented a musical era, in terms of the musical vibe. at least we can still listen to the stuff.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram