Topic: Suggestions for software for creating loops?  (Read 1291 times)

yesdannysback

Suggestions for software for creating loops?
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:35 PM »
I just finished setting up my computer next to my drums for recording/writing/playing or whatever and now am looking for some good recommendations as far as software is concerned.

Can anyone recommend a good yet simple software program for PC, which I can use to create my own loops/tracks that I can use to practice with? I would prefer a program that isnt going to take 6 months of training to figure out the basics…A program that comes with a good amount of demos already included would be great. (The less time I have to sit at my comp trying to do this, the more time I can spend on my drums). Any suggestions would be great. Program doesnt have to be a free download either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Danny

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Suggestions for software for creating music???
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:02 PM »
For immediate answers, search here at the Drummer Cafe. This question has been answered on a number of occasions, including links to places to download software.

nridgedrummer

• Copper Member
  • Repin' the Ludwig!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 04:43 PM »
I have a Finale and an Allegro demo on my computer. Both programs are made by the same company so they are similar. Each one is simple enough to use and makes creating sheet music a breeze. The only downside is how expensive they are. Finale's around 600 and I think Allegro is around 200 (not exactly sure on that one). Thy do have a cheap 50 or 100 dollar (Ican;t remember which) program called songwriter. It doesn't have as many features or sounds but works well to make sheet music. Hope this helps.

yesdannysback

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 05:46 PM »
I have done a search through the Cafe and can only find posts regarding music writing, which it seems Finale is the choice by those who can afford it. I should have mentioned that I already own Finale, and was hoping to find something that was directed more towards drumming rather than an entire orchestra. I was unable to find anything related to looping programs though, most of the threads discussed recording software. I do realize I can download a bunch of software and try it out, I figured I am not the only one doing this, someone has to have figured out a more productive way by now.
(I was basically hoping someone else had already wasted months of time downloading and installing multiple programs in an attempt to do the same thing I am doing) :P ;)

I am going to edit my original post and remove the 2nd request.

David Cousino

• VIP / Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Try Reason. www.propellerhead.com
If you had a Mac you could use Garageband. ;)
There is also Reason Adapted which is a lighter version of Reason, (less expensive, if not free).

sleepybrIghteyez

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Reason is definitely fun. It's my favorite sequencer. Live is also nice- it's geared around creating loops.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram