Topic: Tell your story: the first time you Got It on drums  (Read 4074 times)

trigermortise

Re: Tell your story: the first time you Got It on drums
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Howdy everyone. lets see ifin i can remember back that far. I had been playing bout 5 years when my teacher said to me [ you can play anything you want, but if you learn jazz you can play anything]Started me off on some JJ johnson, Miles Davis, etc.but when he told me that i sounded like Joe Morello while playing brushes is what did it for me. [never even heard him play nor did i have any of his records but knew who he was] and he was right worked as a drumer doing everything from show tunes to heave metal.

?uestevol

Re: Tell your story: the first time you Got It on drums
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 01:31 AM »
Well my uncle was a drummer and gave me my first set... for free! It was some kind of jazzy Ludwig set 18" bass drum. So anyways I set the thing up I new it was wrong but I hadn't the slightest clue. I remember my brother had a little experience with drums and he was able to help be get the basic rock beat down (it impressed my first teacher too!) I basically practiced that and added a couple things for a month until I got formal lessons.

Ever since then it has been like a drug, just all the experience and fun you get out of it is enough for me!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram