• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Drummer Cafe community solo 3!!!

Started by Gaetano Nicolosi, April 05, 2007, 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaetano Nicolosi

Hello drummers,

I think it's time to think about the community solo 3!!!

What do you think Bart?

I'm sure Felix is ready!

Bart Elliott

I completely agree.

I can't believe how time flies! I was just thinking about the community solo the other day. I've doing a lot of behind the scenes work here at the Drummer Cafe during my "spare time" and noticed that it's about this time each year that we have the Drummer Cafe Community Solo.

For those that don't know what we are talking about (and are missing out), here's last years solo:

felix

::)   
I guess I'm ready.

One humble request for the loop: Maybe dumb it down if possible compared to last years? I would like 1/4 notes on a cowbell?   :P well, maybe not that dumbed down  ;D

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

1Xanadu1

I would so do this if i had a way of recording myself

Steve Phelps (Shoeless)

Louis Russell

Quote from: felix on April 05, 2007, 09:13 AMI would like 1/4 notes on a cowbell?   :P well, maybe not that dumbed down  ;D

You better smile when you say that pardner!    ;D     http://louisrussell.com/igotafever.mp3]Click Here  

Robyn

Hey Louis--was that you talking?! ;D

Very very cool, guys! I didn't get to hear the #2 when it came out--maybe it was before we got hi-speed internet.

robyn

Todd Norris

I should be able to put something together. 

DrummerMom

I'll try to add something this time.

Hannah Ford

Very Cool!!!

I'd love to contribute....

Hannah

Louis Russell

Quote from: robyn on April 05, 2007, 10:40 PM
Hey Louis--was that you talking?!

Yes, that was one of my many voices of Funkdom!  It seems that each time there is a solo I am in the hospital or unable to play.  I may have to try a one-armed solo just for giggles and grins.

felix

Wait till you guys hear my new minamalist approach.  ;D

I got one of those new Zoom H4 handy recorders for 300 bucks.  It comes with the Cubase LE software.  Pretty good value!

I ought to try and do mine on this thing.  It would be a neat challenge.

sleepybrIghteyez

Sounds like fun. I like the one posted a lot. I'm not that good. hahah It would be a fun challenge though. How many of you sat down, brainstormed, and wrote out your solo as opposed to just improvising it?

Bart is there a way I can get an MP3 of the solo posted in this thread? I'd like to listen to it on my phone for a week. My new drum kit should be here within a couple weeks and I was already planning on setting everything up to record when they arrive.

Larry Lawless

Quote from: sleepybrIghteyez on April 06, 2007, 08:07 AM
How many of you sat down, brainstormed, and wrote out your solo as opposed to just improvising it?

Just speaking for myself, I played through with the loop about 3 times to get a feel for what I wanted to do, then turned on the recorder and played about 3 times through. Listened back, picked my favorite of the 3 (which happened to be the last time), and sent it on.

Mark Counts

If I can figure out how to use this 16 track Korg recorder my guitar player brought over I would like to try this time.
                            Nutty

Dave Heim

Quote from: felix on April 06, 2007, 07:49 AM
Wait till you guys hear my new minamalist approach.  ;D

I got one of those new Zoom H4 handy recorders for 300 bucks.  It comes with the Cubase LE software.  Pretty good value!

I ought to try and do mine on this thing.  It would be a neat challenge.

Cool!  I ordered one just the other day and I'm waiting for it to arrive!  I'm anxious to play with it.

Hannah Ford

Quote from: drumnut1 on April 06, 2007, 02:59 PM
If I can figure out how to use this 16 track Korg recorder my guitar player brought over I would like to try this time.
                            Nutty

On 2nd thought, this may require more "technology" than I'm capable of!  :-\

LOL

Hannah

Mark Counts

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on April 06, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2nd thought, this may require more "technology" than I'm capable of!  :-\

LOL

Hannah
Hannah,
I don't think that you have to use anything like what I am talking about.
It is just all I have access to right now.  I am sure that a Pro tools program or maybe even a small MP3 recorder might work?
                         Nutty

Todd Norris

I just use a cheap mic going into my PC and record a wav file.   

I listened to the track several times, then sat down and worked out what I wanted to do, then did about a dozen takes until I had a decent take.