• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Drummer Cafe community solo 3!!!

Started by Gaetano Nicolosi, April 05, 2007, 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeeboy13

count me in too (don't expect too much)

agogobil

JeepnDrummer

I'm interested as well.  The first battle is figuring out how to record to my computer.  The second battle is getting them to sound half-way decent due to the terrible acoustics and having only one mic.  Last battle is playing something half-way decent to submit.  :P

Mark Counts

Quote from: drumnut1 on April 09, 2007, 10:16 AM
I will try it too. I have a friend bringing me his MP3 Recorder for a day.
Let us know when the rhythm track is ready to burn?
Nutty
As long as the loop can be burned to CD, I have a way to record it now.
Count me in for sure this time.
                       Nutty

Drum Slave Jack

I'd like to contribute something. I've never really shown the DC community anything that i've done before and i'd finally like to share what I can do. I'll just need the loop in MP3 format and i'll be good to go.
Jack

eardrum

I've wanted to join in on the last two but between not having a good means of recording and being very intimidated about others hearing my playing I procrastinated just long enough to miss out.  SO I really want to do this.  I can now record to my IPOD so no excuse there.  My only problem will be finding the time - work is wacko now.  Anyway, count me in and if I flake, I'll do some penance by re-reading all of posts from 2003.  Bart, if all of us come through, you are going to be a busy man!

yankeeboy13

In what format do we submit our final clips? I think I could use my dad's recorder and mics (he plays guitar and sings), burn it to a CD and upload it on my computer or something....

Hannah Ford

Looks like we're all ready to get started!!!  When does the project kick off???

This is going to be so much fun!  I can't wait....after it's done I'll get to "borrow" grooves from everyone....or is that stealing?  LOL  ;)

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on April 10, 2007, 02:55 PM
This is going to be so much fun!  I can't wait....after it's done I'll get to "borrow" grooves from everyone....or is that stealing?  LOL  ;)

You can't steal what's already been stolen.

Louis Russell

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on April 10, 2007, 02:55 PM...or is that stealing?  LOL  ;)

No way!  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery BUT
I can tell you some other things that are definitely stealing.

Hannah Ford

Louis,

You have the best animation!!

Anyways, when your my age it's definately not stealing....it's simply learning from those better than you.  ;)

Mark Counts

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on April 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
Louis,

Anyways, when your my age it's definately not stealing....it's simply learning from those better than you.  ;)
Hannah,
When you get to be my age it is still learning from those better than you. Been trying to steal those lick most of my life and unfortunantly, I still don't have most of them right.  I just keep trying to play drums. ::)                   Nutty

felix

I think it's a good excuse for Louis to get back in the saddle as well. 

Bart Elliott

Okay ... the solo is a go!

Click  http://www.drummercafe.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,2/topic,20910.0]HERE  to learn more.

I trust that the loop is simplified enough that makes Felix happy, and enough Cowbell for Louis!

Instead of using the same old Cowbells, I used my Gankogui ... which are basically African Cowbells, although never intended to be used on a cow; it's just an instrument.

Hannah Ford

Awesome!  Thanks Bart....this is going to be another first for me!!

Hannah

Joe

I don't know if it's just me, but I've tried downloading the clip three times and playing it with both Winamp and Audacity, and there is a significant wow and flutter on the bells.  Also, there is some distortion on the track.

Aside from that, I think I could hear that it was decently simple, and something I'd be happy to play to.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Joe on April 11, 2007, 04:21 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I've tried downloading the clip three times and playing it with both Winamp and Audacity, and there is a significant wow and flutter on the bells.  Also, there is some distortion on the track.

Aside from that, I think I could hear that it was decently simple, and something I'd be happy to play to.

:-\

It must be your system; there's nothing wrong with the file or the loop that I can hear. I recorded this in Pro Tools, burned it as a 128bit, 44.1kHz file. I just downloaded the file I posted and listened through my laptop speakers and my studio monitors; sounds fine to me.

Perhaps your download was corrupted. Try deleting the file, rebooting your computer and downloading the file again.

Mark Counts

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 11, 2007, 05:28 PM
:-\

It must be your system; there's nothing wrong with the file or the loop that I can hear. I recorded this in Pro Tools, burned it as a 128bit, 44.1kHz file. I just downloaded the file I posted and listened through my laptop speakers and my studio monitors; sounds fine to me.

Perhaps your download was corrupted. Try deleting the file, rebooting your computer and downloading the file again.
Hi Bart,
It down loaded and is playing just fine for me.  Nice clear loop but I played it on Windows Media player. Now the work begins. Thanks,
                             Nutty

yankeeboy13

I did the counting for those who want to know, and 16 measures (the max) is about 30 seconds.

Louis Russell

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on April 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
Louis,

Thanks!  I stole most of them.   ;D  Only joking....most were free, I purchased some, and I made some.

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on April 11, 2007, 12:35 AM.it's simply learning from those better than you.  ;)

Yes it is and many times is called apprenticeship or internship.

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 11, 2007, 03:25 PM
I trust that the loop is simplified enough that makes Felix happy, and enough Cowbell for Louis!

I like a man who understands the importance of different cowbell sounds.