• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Carl Albrecht Heart Attack

Started by amoacristo, April 25, 2007, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amoacristo

I just read that Carl Albrecht, a popular drummer in Christian praise music, suffered a massive heart attack. My prayers are with him.

I found this info at:

http://www.psalmdrummers.org/

Bart Elliott

I'm the one that passed that info on to Psalm Drummers yesterday. I refrained from posting it here because I didn't know that Carl would want the information fully public. I had no idea that Psalm Drummers was going to post that although I did email Terl Bryant about Carl's condition and asked them to pray.

Carl is doing well and there is no heart damage, although the next 24 hours will tell.

He attends my church, which is how I got the info to begin with.

amoacristo

I hope he doesn't mind it being public info, since it now is.

Glad to hear that there is no heart damage. I hope the next 24 hours go really well for him.

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Carl has played with lots of big named artists, but some of the worship drummers around here might better know his work with Integrity and Maranatha.

JW Drums

Carl is a great drummer and an awesome person. My prayers are with him and LeeAnn. Bart, please keep us updated and let Carl know that lot's of people are praying for him.

Thanks, Jeff

Bob Bartley

I know Carl also and yes Bart please pass on that he and LeeAnn are in our prayers for a speedy recovery and complete healing.

drumz1

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Carl or hearing him play, but I'll be  praying for him, as well.

Bart Elliott

Update ... Carl is doing well. He is out of ICU and has a regular room now. He should be coming home in a few days.

He literally died ... twice ... but said he didn't see God, Jesus or any "white light".  8) He's sore from the CPR (obviously), but seems to be feeling better.

JW Drums

Bart - Thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll see Carl back on the throne behind those Yamahas soon.

JW Drums

Quote from: Gaddabout on April 26, 2007, 06:33 AM
Carl has played with lots of big named artists, but some of the worship drummers around here might better know his work with Integrity and Maranatha.

.. and most recently as Paul Baloche's drummer

amoacristo

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 28, 2007, 08:40 PM
Update ... Carl is doing well. He is out of ICU and has a regular room now. He should be coming home in a few days.

That is great! I hope he has a full recovery, and a quick one.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: amoacristo on May 01, 2007, 08:58 PM
That is great! I hope he has a full recovery, and a quick one.

He's not out of the woods yet. He has a blood clot in the left arm that they are keeping an eye on.

JW Drums

Bart - thanks for keeping us updated on Carl. Please let him know that he and LeeAnn are being lifted up by many and are in our thoughts.

Thanks, Jeff

Bart Elliott

Good news ...

Just got an email from Leann Albrecht ... Carl is home now.
Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as he fully recovers these next 4-6 weeks. He did sustain some moderate damage to the heart.

eardrum

Just noticed this thread and I'll can say is I'm so happy he's doing better.  I met Carl at a clinic several years ago - his playing was fantastic and his advice was something I remember to this day.  I'm hoping for a full recovery for him...

JW Drums

Bart -
That's great news! Thanks for keeping us updated through all this.

JW Drums

Carl has posted a very detailed post about his heart attack in the forum on his website. I am not going to take the liberty of posting his post here, but if you are interested you can visit his forum on his site at carlalbrecht.com

Bart Elliott

Carl has a few "God stories" to tell through all of this ... I'll share one now.

Carl was feeling poorly for two days prior to his heart-attack. When he finally felt that he needed to go to the Emergency Room, Carl and his wife were getting in the car to leave. As they were pulling out of the driveway, Carl said that he heard God tell him to go back inside the house and take two aspirin. He did. When he arrived at the hospital and was getting out of the car, nurses saw him clutching his chest, so they came out with a wheelchair. As soon as they wheeled him past the entry to the Emergency Room he flat-lined. They had to give him CPR and paddle him twice. Doctors said the asprin saved his life!

eardrum

Man, makes you realize that paying attention isn't always optional.  Thank God he had some aspirin,  I'm wondering if I could find any in my house right now.

Jon_Skaggs

Thanks for the updates and stories Bart.. I met him at DFJ 04 when he gave his clinic.. he is such an amazing person and drummer. My prayers are with him and his family.