Topic: Neighborhood kids having a drum circle  (Read 759 times)

yesdannysback

Neighborhood kids having a drum circle
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:48 PM »
I decided to practice some latin beats this morning with my garage door opened and my neighbor, (tomba player from Cuba) comes over and jumps on the congas. Well we start playing some Santana and before long one of the little girls (playing the floor tom in Pink) picks up a tamborine and starts playing with us as well; then her sister and friend join in on bongos and congas and before I knew it, I had a garage full of kids having the time of their life playing along with me and then some tracks on their own as well. I even made a bold move and let some of the kids get some playtime on my set. Anyways, here are some pics I took; thought I would share it with everyone.

NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
Re: Neighborhood kids having a drum circle
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:29 AM »
Very cool.  You're a great neighbor.   :)

ElectricMonk

Re: Neighborhood kids having a drum circle
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Nothing makes me smile more than a group of kids playing together. There is something magical about music, and having a visceral experience like this as a child can have a real impact. As my children start to get older I want nothing more to come home after a long day of work and have a group of kids at our house having this sort of fun.

Good on ya!

Erik

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram