• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

worst drummer you have ever seen

Started by trigermortise, June 23, 2007, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trigermortise

howdy everyone,                                                                                       thought that we would try something different everyone is always talking about the best drumers, but what about the worst. can remember back in the early 70's while attending U.of M.  summer jazz camp . ludwig was there with all there  toys as well as  there rock druming star [ Joe Morrelo woul have been a better choice ]  any way he was there banging away [an accurate discreption] on a ludwig  octupuls type set over the week. well to make along story short at the end of the week after hearing the 8 drummers that were at the camp  made the statement that he needed to take lessons from Joe Morello.though he is still playing and making drum dvd's maybe it is just me but i'll see if you can guess who it is.                                                                                                 

eardrum

I'm honestly not sure how to resond to the question.  If picking the greatest drummer is subjective, how much more is this?  And, isn't everyone really bad at the beginning and for some who live long enough at the end of their career.  Have I seen bad performances? Yes, by beginners and others including myself but I can't (choose not to) remember em and wouldn't try to pick one that was worse.

Chris Whitten

Quote from: trigermortise on June 23, 2007, 09:48 PMthought that we would try something different                                                           

The reason it's 'different' on this forum is I think we tend to shy away from 'worst' discussions. Whether it be worst drummer, worst drums, or worst band.
Apart from the negative vibe, 'worst' is as subjective as 'best' (another cafe no-no  ;D).

One man's worst is another man's Peart or Donati.........ooops  ;) ;D ;D
(Just kiddin')

Bart Elliott

Yes ... let's not go there. I would rather we not start a negative oriented thread. To do so would mean we are setting out to purposefully pass judgment on other individuals.

I don't mind pointing out weaknesses that I hear and see in other players, but to have a thread that is solely setting out to do so just doesn't fit the spirit of the community at the Drummer Cafe.

Sorry, but I'm going to step in and stop this thread from continuing. Perhaps find another way to discuss some of the points you are trying to make.

I know the drummer you are speaking of by the way.