Topic: Joe Satriani  (Read 782 times)

psdrummer

Joe Satriani
« on: June 16, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Basically, as much as I love laying down a groove, I've got a soft-spot for guitarists who can really rip it up, but also play great melodies. To me, Satriani is one of the best, if not the best out there today who can do this. Is anyone else a fan of his, and of listening to guitar-oriented music in general, once in awhile? Also, Jeff Campitelli and Simon Phillips layed down some really neat drumming on Satriani's latest studio cd, "Super Colossal".

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
Re: Joe Satriani
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:57 PM »
I love Satch.  He's a great player, and I love watching him and his bands perform.
+
Frank
Just play

Bionic Ankle    "... we can rebuild him ..."

Offline Dead Trooper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:40 AM »
Saw hime live twice, once solo, once with the G3 show... it bores me a bit frankly, after a while at least. He's got a solid touring band and all, but he's not the greatest shredder nor the greatest musical guitar player, IMHO, so it doesn't do it for me.

Vai, on the other hand... has a couple AMAZING albums, which are absolutely genius... and live, the guy's great.
It's still Rock'n'Roll to me.

Necrophagous

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:30 AM »
definitely satriani plays kick ass guitars
i like summer song and flying in a blue dream the most.
but along with satriani, vai and malmsteen are equally good.
a big hail to the G3...

Offline David Newman

• Cafe VIP
    • nuclearnewman
    • Bentley's Drum Shop
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:43 AM »
I've been a guitar player as long as I've been a drummer, and Surfing With the Alien was a huge album for me as a kid. Satch is the man.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
The Drum Lesson