Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!  (Read 777 times)

Offline Gregg Rivers

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm still around!
    • The Rock 92.3 House Band
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
« on: July 04, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Ok so I'm feeling a bit patriotic today, and since our neighbors to the north recently celebrated THEIR big day and motioned here, I felt compelled to express my pride for my country too! So to ALL our men and women that wear the uniforms of the American Armed Forces, I say "THANK YOU" for your service. To all us "civi's" I say enjoy it safely and if you see solider, tell them "thanks." It may seem a little awkward at first, but you get a great feeling afterward when you see their faces beam with pride. I do it all the time! I'm so proud to be an AMERICAN!  :wink:
I don't solo!

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:07 AM »
I just got home from celebrating all day but YEAH, what he said!
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline smoggrocks

• Cafe VIP
  • Is there another word for synonym?
    • Meet the Fearsome Foursome
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:30 PM »
this was the first year EVER that we didn't check out the fireworks. the weather was too crappy and overcast. but i did spend a great portion of the day watching the History Channel Independence Day marathon. i love those old battle recreations, and the stories-within-stories of the Revolution.

happy birthday indeed!
The most wasted day of all is that on which you have not laughed.

HDT

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Yes... actually we were supposed to play at Springfield's celebration on June 30th, and got rained out! >:( :'(  I was really wanting to play it this year.  They normally have anywhere from 50,000 to 65,000 people, and when they finally got a break in the rain, Deanna Carter played and then they set off the fireworks... and there were maybe 30,000.  Which considering the weather, isn't too bad.  Yeah Springfield!

But last night was a BLAST... no pun intended.  The weather was great.  We live outside the city limits, and so we always have a big party in our neighborhood... a big crazy, noisy party.  Plus a "mega-church" in the community has a really big display just a half mile west of our house, so we sit in our back yard and watch that as well.  It was a good night.  Happy Birthday America!

Now we are getting ready for a yard sale.  Hmmmmm.  Oh boy. ::) :D  I seriously doubt I will see my cut of the proceeds ;D

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram