Topic: Which Cymbal set sounds good  (Read 1869 times)

YMScrusader

Which Cymbal set sounds good
« on: December 05, 2002, 09:45 PM »
hello everyone, i was about to order  the ZXT cymbol set from musicians friend, when i saw this special set ive never heard of.
Here is the zxt set
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021205203404205188209042973172/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/441218/

Here is Meinl Classics Medium Cymbal Pack
(i havent heard these and dont think i can, i hope someone knows about them and can help me out)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021205203404205188209042973172/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/443703/

anyone have a good opinion on which set i should get, im mainly lookin for some good hi hats in the pack, and i need a good ride, i dont need the crash as much.  SO what do u guys think has the better hi hat and ride, thanx alot, my stores dont have those meinl classics, so please dont tell me to go to my store and try them.  

Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
Re:Which Cymbal set sounds good
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 09:53 AM »
i personally would go with the meinl's.   they will have a sound more akin to a zildjian A than the ZXT.  the zxt's are going to be a bit more aggressive sounding and less versatile.

meinl makes good stuff.  and thats a good deal.  

shakeytoll

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 11:02 AM »
    Also you may want to check out the Wuhan S series pack Musicians Friend has.  Same price as the Meinl and a really nice set of cymbals.

YMScrusader

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 03:40 PM »
thanx but ive changed my mind agian, lol.  Now i think im ganna get 14inch new beat hi hats used for 150$.  Then ill probly go check out rides and find a good one for me. any recomendations that go good with the new beat hats?  do you guys think im makin a good decision here?

Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 04:14 PM »
if you like them, then yes, good decision ... if not, then no, bad decision.  rinse and repeat as necessary for any cymbal you ever consider buying.

robyn

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 08:53 PM »
I've heard a lot of good comments about new beats, that they are a great all-around cymbal. I like mine!

SLARKIN

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2003, 06:19 PM »
I just picked up the Sabian B8 Pro cymbal pack from www.theguitarfactory.com for slightly over 200.00.  This includes 14" high hats, 16" crash, 18" crash, and a 20" medium crash/ride and of course a swell carrying case.  In my opinion this set quality wise and for the money blows away any zxt or zbt set for the money.

TBfan

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2003, 07:26 PM »
My opinion is that everyone have another cymbal set and everyone say that s the best ...
You have to go to an shop and test the different cymbals. you have to make your own choise.

bloody0sabbath73

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2003, 04:45 PM »
i think that the zxt set is pretty good for a sheet bronze set but if your interested in some better high hats try the Z Custom Zildjian series

Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2003, 06:24 PM »
i think that the zxt set is pretty good for a sheet bronze set

paiste signatures are pretty good for a sheet bronze too.  remember, just because one maker uses something for its budget lines, doesnt mean its bad.  paiste 2002's are widely regarded as great cymbals, and they are made out of the same stuff as zildjian zxt, B8 alloy sheet bronze.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram