Topic: This year at Pasic in Columbus Ohio????  (Read 20226 times)

Offline Larry Lawless

• Cafe VIP
  • Become a Cafe VIP member NOW!!!
    • Lawless Percussion & Jazz Ensemble
Re: This year at Pasic in Columbus Ohio????
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 04:23 PM »
I registered today. I didn't spend the money on the workshop or the Hall of Fame dinner. 

I've attended the Hall of Fame dinner, and I feel it is overpriced. Most of the people who attend are the VIPs in PAS, which is kinda cool to be around them, but it's a pretty stuffy formal dinner type setting. I was there in 2004 when Ed Shaugnessey got his Hall of Fame presentation. I have to attend this year as Texas President and hobnob with the hoi poloi.

The Wednesday focus this year is just timpani, so if that is not your thing, I wouldn't bother. I'm not getting in to Columbus until Wed. night myself.
Blessed are they who have nothing to say and cannot be persuaded to say it.
- James Russell Lowell

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
  • It is OK to be a little Nutz!!!
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 04:30 PM »
I've attended the Hall of Fame dinner, and I feel it is overpriced. Most of the people who attend are the VIPs in PAS, which is kinda cool to be around them, but it's a pretty stuffy formal dinner type setting. I was there in 2004 when Ed Shaugnessey got his Hall of Fame presentation. I have to attend this year as Texas President and hobnob with the hoi poloi.

The Wednesday focus this year is just timpani, so if that is not your thing, I wouldn't bother. I'm not getting in to Columbus until Wed. night myself.
Thank you Larry.  I guess I will arrive Thursday Morning. You just saved me a night in a Hotel.
                   Nutty

I love The Cafe. "God First". If there is music today, it is a great day".
"Tama Star Classics and Paiste cymbals for ever" !!!

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 10:01 PM »
I will be arriving on Thursday morning as well!  Looking forward to seeing all my DC friends!

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

"Life's a Stage...Perform It..."

Offline lrac3

• Cafe VIP
  • I enjoy wood to metal contact.
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 01:34 PM »
I will be there Wed. morning.  I try to soak up as much of the experience as i can.  just registered yesterday. i am pumped!!!

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I will be there Wed. morning.  I try to soak up as much of the experience as i can.  just registered yesterday. i am pumped!!!
Sounds like you love this Event lrac3,
I paid my money last week but I am still shopping Hotels.  I have found they range from $45
up to what ever you want to spend.  I have found some exceptable ones between $50 and $75 a night, less than 10 miles away. I can't see spending $100 a night to sleep by the convention center. I am getting kinda pumped too and have never been there.  Looking forward to it. It will be really cool to meet some of you DC'ers in person.
                              Nutty

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Sounds like you love this Event lrac3,
I paid my money last week but I am still shopping Hotels.  I have found they range from $45
up to what ever you want to spend.  I have found some exceptable ones between $50 and $75 a night, less than 10 miles away. I can't see spending $100 a night to sleep by the convention center. I am getting kinda pumped too and have never been there.  Looking forward to it. It will be really cool to meet some of you DC'ers in person.

I understand not wanting to spend a lot of money on a room ... however ... I will say that there is enough going on that you'll be glad if you stay somewhere close. If you do stay far away, you'll need to pay for parking AND plan on not returning to your room until very late at night!

After staying a mile or so away in the past, I'm glad I'll be close (next door) this time!

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I understand not wanting to spend a lot of money on a room ... however ... I will say that there is enough going on that you'll be glad if you stay somewhere close. If you do stay far away, you'll need to pay for parking AND plan on not returning to your room until very late at night!

After staying a mile or so away in the past, I'm glad I'll be close (next door) this time!
Bart,
Is there anything for less than $100 close?  The Red Roof Inn was like $95. When shopping for a hotel room, I have to answer to a wife that is not going so she has no problem with me staying 10 miles away, LOL. I guess I should just do it and call it a day.
                                            Nutty
                                Nutty

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Bart,
Is there anything for less than $100 close?  The Red Roof Inn was like $95. When shopping for a hotel room, I have to answer to a wife that is not going so she has no problem with me staying 10 miles away, LOL. I guess I should just do it and call it a day.

I don't know about what is there and the rates; contact PAS about that or do some searching.

My suggestion is to befriend a member here at the Drummer Cafe and split the cost of a room. A number of us have done this in the past and it's worked out great ... allowing us to stay close and not pay for a single room.

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 04:07 PM »
I would be willing to do split the cost of a hotel room and get something close.  For the price of the Day's Inn 10 miles away. Two people could afford to stay at nice hotel close.
                           Nutty

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I don't know about what is there and the rates; contact PAS about that or do some searching.

My suggestion is to befriend a member here at the Drummer Cafe and split the cost of a room. A number of us have done this in the past and it's worked out great ... allowing us to stay close and not pay for a single room.
Bart,
 I just talked to the wife and she told me to take your advice.  I will make reservations tonight.  I will do it by myself if I have to but if anyone is going that is trying to save money,
send me a PM? See you all there ;D!!

Nutty

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 08:56 AM »
The Hyatt, Red Roof, Drury, are booked and the others have raised their rates ::).   Comfort Suites is 3 miles away. That is where I am staying.  The Hampton Inn was up to like $175 a night ::).
The close hotels are full or almost full. The Comfort Suite was $80.99 per night.  For the savings on hotel and parking at the convention center, a cab would be much cheaper.
                                Nutty

Offline lrac3

• Cafe VIP
  • I enjoy wood to metal contact.
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 05:07 PM »
  For the savings on hotel and parking at the convention center, a cab would be much cheaper.
                                Nutty

I know when i stayed @ the Holiday Inn a few years back, they offered a free shuttle to the convo center, so you may want to check into that situation for your hotel.  that should save dough as well as the footwork. ;)

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 09:26 AM »

I agree!  This will be my 5th PASIC and I learned the first time that you miss alot by not staying close.  There's a lot of "action" away from the "action" that's so cool.  Part of the atmosphere that makes this event so exciting is the energy that's created as all these great drummers come together for conversation, jam sessions etc.  IT"S AWESOME!!!

My last 4 events I've made a point to stay at the convention center.  Parking is not a hassle, you can walk back and forth to the room easily and it's where ALL the action is!

Stay close...you'll be glad you did.

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2007, 10:12 AM »
I agree!  This will be my 5th PASIC and I learned the first time that you miss alot by not staying close.  There's a lot of "action" away from the "action" that's so cool.  Part of the atmosphere that makes this event so exciting is the energy that's created as all these great drummers come together for conversation, jam sessions etc.  IT"S AWESOME!!!

My last 4 events I've made a point to stay at the convention center.  Parking is not a hassle, you can walk back and forth to the room easily and it's where ALL the action is!

Stay close...you'll be glad you did.

Hannah
Well, I wish I made my reservations earlier because there isn't much left close. If you want to spend about $200 per night maybe, but I got with in 3 miles.  I could have gotten Thursday night but Friday was booked everywhere. See you all there.  I will probably be taking a cab most of it.
                          Nutty

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Somebody needs to be the DC photographer and catch lots of shots of DCers in attendance, to be posted somewhere later where we can all check it out.

I would love to go, but it's not happening for me this year.  Maybe next year.
+
Frank
Just play

Bionic Ankle    "... we can rebuild him ..."

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I will take digital pictures.  I always do.  I have seen pictures and good ones from the last show.  I will see if I can expand that Photo shoot ;D.
                          Nutty

Offline Gaetano Nicolosi

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
    • Gaetano Nicolosi
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2007, 10:33 PM »
I believe I am going to miss PASIC this year! I should be on tour with my band IronHorse starting from October 25th...
You guys enjoy the convention, it is a very cool event!!!

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 07:24 AM »
You will be missed....Good Luck on the Tour...any Chicago dates???

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline Gaetano Nicolosi

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
    • Gaetano Nicolosi
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2007, 10:34 AM »
I will miss meeting with the DC members at Pasic. Felix the Sushi dinner sound good, butit looks like I will miss it....

Hannah, I don't know yet the itinerary, but I'll keep you posted! It will be nice to meet in person some other Drummer Cafe members across the country...

Offline Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2007, 10:50 AM »
I will miss meeting with the DC members at Pasic. Felix the Sushi dinner sound good, butit looks like I will miss it....

Hannah, I don't know yet the itinerary, but I'll keep you posted! It will be nice to meet in person some other Drummer Cafe members across the country...

Sorry you not going to make it Gaetano, I would have enjoyed meeting you.  Have a good tour.
                         Nutty

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram