• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

This year at Pasic in Columbus Ohio????

Started by Mark Counts, July 23, 2007, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Counts

Hi Folks,
I know that Pasic is in Columbus Ohio this year and I think from what I read from Larry, it is October 31 - Nov. 3rd.
I would like to know where to find info on cost, what is happening what day and where to find out any other info on the show.  I have never been to one before so other than pictures from last year,  I know nothing. I am going to take some vacation time and at least come up for a few days. Maybe this would be a good thread to start for everyones knowledge? I know Felix, Hannah, Bart, Larry and many more of you have been before. I know that Frank From Newyork was asking about it too.  I know it may be a bit early to start trying to find out details but I thought I would ask anyway? Anything that you veterans can tell us would be helpful ;D??
                                 Thanks,
                                     Nutty

Louis Russell

Mark Counts

Quote from: Louis on July 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.pasic.org/ThisYear.cfm]Click Here  for PASIC info.
Thank you very much Louis ;).
                          Nutty

felix

Hi Nutty.

I will probably go for a couple of days to check out some clinics and some gear.  I probably won't be splitting a DC booth with Bart.  I'm not sure he will even have a booth there this year.  It depends if I can get away from work.

But yeah, as the time approaches, we will have to have a DC hang there I guess.  There is a sushi bar like right there, so we will have to hook up, get buzzed on saki and listen to the ramblings of all the esteemed DC members  8)

Bart Elliott

No Drummer Cafe booth this year ... but I'll be there.

Mark Counts

Quote from: Bart Elliott on July 24, 2007, 05:38 PM
No Drummer Cafe booth this year ... but I'll be there.
We can still wear our T's so they feel our presents.  I was posting first on Hannah's
thread on the self absorbed catagory and she will be there and Larry already said he would be there.  There were a few other cafe members that are starting to ask questions like Frank from NewYork. Maybe we will have a good turn out anyway Bart :)?
Felix, I would enjoy having a few drinks with you.
                                         Nutty

Bart Elliott

Each year we pick a night, usually Friday, to hang and go out to dinner as a group.

Mongrel

Quote from: drumnut1 on July 24, 2007, 06:48 PM
so they feel our presents. 

Well, I don't know what kind of people hang out at this 'Pasic' but for the record-NOBODY feels *my* presents!

:P

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Mongrel on July 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
Well, I don't know what kind of people hang out at this 'Pasic' but for the record-NOBODY feels *my* presents!

I was wondering when someone was going to address the typo. I usually fix these, but didn't get to it in time.  8)

Mark Counts

Quote from: Mongrel on July 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
Wow, I am sorry folks but I just thought that wearing a Drummer Cafe T-shirt around a bunch of drummer might at least get someone to ask about The Drummer Cafe?
Maybe it was a bad Idea or maybe I am just wierd?  I know I Nutz but maybe I am selling myself short ;)?  LOL
                       Nutty

Bart Elliott

Quote from: drumnut1 on July 24, 2007, 07:31 PM
Wow, I am sorry folks but I just thought that wearing a Drummer Cafe T-shirt around a bunch of drummer might at least get someone to ask about The Drummer Cafe?
Maybe it was a bad Idea or maybe I am just wierd?  I know I Nutz but maybe I am selling myself short ;)?

It's the typo Nutty. You said "presents" ... but you meant "presence".

Wearing your Drummer Cafe T-shirt, especially at PASIC, is a great idea!

Mark Counts

Quote from: Bart Elliott on July 24, 2007, 07:33 PM
It's the typo Nutty. You said "presents" ... but you meant "presence".

Wearing your Drummer Cafe T-shirt, especially at PASIC, is a great idea!
Thank you Bart,
I do have a brain fart from time to time.  I know I don't spell very well at times.  Ryno and diddle and now you guys are trying to help me with it? It is a problem I have had since I was a child.  Math was a different story. OK, "Presence".
My mother is 71 years old and she has the same problem.
Maybe it is in the Jeans, or is it Gene's or... Oh well, so much for the English language.
                                              Nutty

Mongrel

ahhh....geeez.... :-[

Here I am trying to poke a little fun and now I just feel bad...

Sorry Nutty, just playin' wit cha!   ;D

(Hey if it's any consolation-I SUK at math, which is really why I'm such a poor excuse as a drummer...).

Take care,

Mongrel

Mark Counts

Quote from: Mongrel on July 24, 2007, 08:23 PM
ahhh....geeez.... :-[

Here I am trying to poke a little fun and now I just feel bad...

Sorry Nutty, just playin' wit cha!   ;D

(Hey if it's any consolation-I SUK at math, which is really why I'm such a poor excuse as a drummer...).

Take care,

Mongrel
Hey Mongrel,
No offence taken,(I think I spelled offence right) ;D?  My wife is much harder on me about my spelling than you all are. I also have two children at home.  Do you think I have any business teaching them how to spell ::) :-X?  My wife works on the reading and spelling and I work on the Math and now drumming. We are much better off that way ;). It is what it is.
Hope to see some of you at Pasic this year?
                                         Nutty

Louis Russell

Hay Nutty,

I don't think you knead two worry!  It seams two me that sum words seldom make cents.  The English language, as used buy Americans, is difficult two understand and even harder too right sew it can be understood with know errors.  Think about red and read.  Also think about reed and read.  Read and read spelled the same butt sound a lot different.  Oar how about two, too and to?  If I were you I wood knot worry about being perfect sew long as you get your point across.  OK Guys, how many miss steaks? 
;D

lrac3

no booth this year?  that's a bummer.  i'll definately be there this year.  This should be the 9th one for myself. I'm addicted man!!!

Hannah Ford

I'm sure by having a booth Bart probably finds himself unable to leave it for most of the event. Although he enjoys the booth, I'm sure he would love to have the opportunity to check out the clinics and other goodies at PASIC like everyone else.

It's a great convention.  This will be my 5th one!

Bart if you decide to have a dinner with all the DC Members one night please let me know.  The only evening event that I know I'm booked for at the moment will be the Zildjian Artists Party and I'm not sure what night that will be yet.

See everyone there!

Hannah

Ty Amplechuck

This is cool, it's only about 1/2 an hour away. If I can make it it'll be great because these kinds of things are usually too far away from me.

Mark Counts

Quote from: Louis on July 24, 2007, 09:58 PM
Hay Nutty,

I don't think you knead two worry!  It seams two me that words seldom make cents.  The English language, as used buy Americans, is difficult two understand and even harder too right sew it can be understood with know errors.  Think about red and read.  Also think about reed and read.  Read and read spelled the same butt sound a lot different.  Oar how about two, too and to?  If I were you I wood knot worry about being perfect sew long as you get your point across.  OK Guys, how many miss steaks? 
;D
Thanxs Louis,
My thoughts egg-zackaly.
                   Good kneight Browe!!!
                            Nutz

NY Frank

While I usually avoid car travels, it's not That far from NY, and so, I could be a possibility depending on Stuff.

I sure would love to get to something like that, and then to have it be topped off with some dinner and laughs with some of you - sounds great to me.           8)