• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

This year at Pasic in Columbus Ohio????

Started by Mark Counts, July 23, 2007, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaetano Nicolosi

Brett and Nutty, thanks for the kind of words... It was a pleasure meeting you and do the PASIC tour.. You know I do that just with Drummer cafe members, first class all the way...  ;D
Brett, I thought you would go! Maybe I'll cach you next year...
Nutty, you got a lot of great pics, I'll try to post some this weekend....

P.S. Bart, many peaple at PASIC remembered the drummer cafe...At Vic Firth seminar we were talking about it...

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Gaetano Nicolosi on November 08, 2007, 10:17 AM
P.S. Bart, many peaple at PASIC remembered the drummer cafe...At Vic Firth seminar we were talking about it...

That's great news!

Who is "we"?

Mark Counts

Quote from: Bart Elliott on November 08, 2007, 10:24 AM
That's great news!

Who is "we"?
The Cafe T-shirt seemed to get people to look closer also.  I know they were not just looking at my name tag.  Vic Firth himself was at the booth and I got him to sign a pair of brand new 5AN's for me. At the Hotel during breakfast, there was a drum teacher and his students and he asked me about my shirt and I explained it to him and he said he would get on line and check it out.  At a drummer convention, when people see the shirt with the word drummer across the front of it, they look and some ask questions.
Gaetano was hanging out at the booth with me and he seems to know a ton of people at this event.  No tellin who all he talked to?
                                 Nutty

Brett Sheaffer

Brett and Nutty, thanks for the kind of words... It was a pleasure meeting you and do the PASIC tour.. You know I do that just with Drummer cafe members, first class all the way...  ;D

I should have gone, Gaetano, but there's been some unexpected family issues in recent months, and it's complicated things.  By next year I hope that life will have moved on enough to get some good benefit from the convention.  But this year it just seemed like the timing wasn't right.

But I do believe that it does this caveman drummer (me) some good when I'm able to rub shoulders with the pros (present company included).  Hopefully next year.

Gaetano Nicolosi

Quote from: Bart Elliott on November 08, 2007, 10:24 AM
That's great news!

Who is "we"?

Mark Wessels, Neil, Dom Famularo me and others from the education team... They difinitely know about the drummer cafe....
It's true that the T-shirt that Nutty was wearing got a lot of attention.... Me and Nutty were meeting and talking with a lot of peaple: Pat Petrillo, Skip Hadden, Dom Famularo, Dom Moio, Omar Hakim, just to name a few...But the list goes on and on....

Bart Elliott

I know Mark Wessels ... he lived down the street from me when I lived in Dallas ... but we've never met! Dom is success a great guy. If there's anyone I would wish continued success, it would be Dom. Neal, I've been in touch with him, hoping to build my relationship with Vic Firth.

Thanks for spreading the word about our community here!

By the way ... was Marco around or did you see him at PASIC this year?

Mark Counts

Hi again,
This picture was sent to me last night.  Hannah's dad took a picture of us at PASIC.
We all thought it was a great picture so I will upload it to the VIP Gallery. This is probably my last picture to post.
                     Nutty

Hannah Ford

Quote from: drumnut1 on November 08, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hi again,
This picture was sent to me last night.  Hannah's dad took a picture of us at PASIC.
We all thought it was a great picture so I will upload it to the VIP Gallery. This is probably my last picture to post.
                     Nutty

Just LOOK at how HAPPY you are!!!  I told my Dad that I don't think you stopped smiling for the entire 3 days!!! LOL

Thats awesome.  It was good seeing you again. I'm glad you really enjoyed the convention.  I wish I would have gotten to have dinner on Friday with all my DC friends but we had some biz to take care of regarding PASIC 2008 and NAMM.

I'm sure our paths will cross again soon.

Take care,

Hannah

Gaetano Nicolosi

Quote from: Bart Elliott on November 08, 2007, 11:29 AM

Thanks for spreading the word about our community here!

By the way ... was Marco around or did you see him at PASIC this year?

You are welcome Bart...

Marco was there, but he kept disappear... I guess he was to a lot of clinics, etc... And he wasn't at the PDT seminar...

Mark Counts

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on November 08, 2007, 07:38 PM
Just LOOK at how HAPPY you are!!!  I told my Dad that I don't think you stopped smiling for the entire 3 days!!! LOL

Thats awesome.  It was good seeing you again. I'm glad you really enjoyed the convention.  I wish I would have gotten to have dinner on Friday with all my DC friends but we had some biz to take care of regarding PASIC 2008 and NAMM.

I'm sure our paths will cross again soon.

Take care,

Hannah

Thank you Hannah,
I had a great time and yea, I almost never quit smiling ;D.  I believe that smiles are contageous.
When I play music for my church, the worship leader tells me, "as long as I look over and see you smiling I know that everything is going to be OK". I think that in a band atmosphere it is the same.  Smiling makes the audience feel that the band is having fun. This is very important IMOH.  If there is friction with a band, the crowd feels it.  So, to every one that reads this, Keep smiling ;). Sorry to derail a bit, back to PASIC and our regularly scheduled program.
              Nutty

Pat Petrillo

Nutty & G!

Great to see you guys, and it was fun to hang...remember to the "shaker technique"  ;)

All the Best!

Pat

Hannah Ford

Quote from: Pat Petrillo on November 10, 2007, 03:00 PM
Nutty & G!

Great to see you guys, and it was fun to hang...remember to the "shaker technique"  ;)

All the Best!

Pat

Hey there Mr. Pat,

It was great to meet you at PASIC this year.  I really appreciate you taking the time to talk with me about The Collective as well.

I look forward to the opportunity to see you perform some time soon.  I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Take care,

Hannah

Gaetano Nicolosi

Nutty & G!

All the Best!

Pat

Hey Pat,
it was great to see you again at PASIC, and it's great to see you here at the drummer cafe...
Yes, we did lern the shaker technique at this time at PASIC, for some reason it feels natural to me!  ;D  Thanks to Dom Moio!!!

See you soon!!!
Gaetano

Mark Counts

Nutty & G!

All the Best!

Pat
Hey Pat,
It was great to meet you.  Sorry I missed your signing at Hudson Music, I was attending another clinic. I was able to hit 9 different clinics.  For me, it was very educational and I picked up a few things for my arsenal. Got to meet some really cool people. I think that I am hooked on this convention.  I will try to do it again in a few years.
          Again, It was a pleasure,
                               Nutty

Mark Counts

Wow, I was doing some research about the drum Clinics I got to attend and I found the first one.  This was really good.  Ronald Bruner Jr. was the first one I got to see on Thursday at 1pm. at PASIC 2007.
http://drummerworld.com/Videos/ronaldbrunerpasic071.html
http://drummerworld.com/Videos/ronaldbrunerpasic072.html
                      Nutty

pemfoo

They are also posting videos up on  http://www.vicfirth.com/features/PASIC2007.html]http://www.vicfirth.com/features/PASIC2007.html

Check them out.

pat

Pat Petrillo

Quote from: HannahFordDrums on November 10, 2007, 06:02 PM
Hey there Mr. Pat,

It was great to meet you at PASIC this year.  I really appreciate you taking the time to talk with me about The Collective as well.

I look forward to the opportunity to see you perform some time soon.  I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Take care,

Hannah

Hey, Hannah...Mos Def, we will, and keep doin' your thing.  Diane Downs was a friend in college, and love what she has done with all the Lep's from Lu a vul  ;)

Innaminit

Pat

Mark Counts

Quote from: Gaetano Nicolosi on November 05, 2007, 06:39 AM
I'll post some pics as soon they are ready....

Hey Gaetano,
I know you got some good pic's.  Can't wait to see them?  Hey, I talked to my local music shop and they seem interested in you.  They told me to send your press kit to MAX. I haven't made it to Louisville yet. They told me to mail it so I will send it in the next few days.  Maybe you will get to do a clinic down here? 
                                     Nutty

Gaetano Nicolosi

Hey guys, sorry it took so long. But I have been really busy in the last couple of weeks... Thanks for your patience! Anyhow, I had not clue on how to upload the pics, and thanks to the help of Joe I did it!  ;D Thanks again Joe!

Here is me and Dom Famularo

Me and Omar Hakim

Me and Dave Weckl

Mark Counts

Nutty, you got a lot of great pics, I'll try to post some this weekend....

You know Gaetano,
You are right about the First Class all the way!! I felt right at home knowing that I was not alone up there.  The Cafe people made it all worth wild.  Dave, Pat P. and Pat M., Hannah  and her dad, Larry , and you. Then we called Bart and Felix. That was very cool.  Man the squid was great. The show was great!! I have to do it again. Thanks to you and the other Cafe Members, I met lots of people. See you all in a few years.  My wife said I can do it anytime it's close. Notice how I put her first.  Works good for me. She has a lot to do with me doing what I love. Hard to find a good woman that trusts you and puts up with your dreams? This drummer/drums convention was great and I would recommend it to any one that takes their craft seriously. It will boost your knowlege level.  It was very much worth it.
                           Nutty