Topic: Auto Racing  (Read 802 times)

Ty Amplechuck

Auto Racing
« on: August 04, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Are there any auto racing fans here on the forum? I'll watch just about anything with cars going around at track at high speed, from NASCAR to IRL to Rolex Sports Cars. Anyone else share the same interest in racing?

Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
Re: Auto Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I've been around all styles of racing for many years. When in school I spent many weekends watching both circle oval and drag racing. I spent a few summers racing "dragbikes". Then I moved to dirt bikes while I was stationed at Ft. Carson Colorado. I went to both oval and dragraces while I was there. After I got out of the Army Band I got interested in trail riding and motocross racing. Since then I've spent many years around National Championship racing with my son. Now days I watch my grandson racing. Whenever a car race comes on TV I'm "glued" to the TV. I atribute that love of racing to the many phazes of my life. Both music and all types of racing has become a way of life for me.   ;D

George

• Gold Member
    • Trickshot
Re: Auto Racing
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 02:26 PM »

I was watching Formula 1 for more than ten years (mid-80's to mid 90's), and I followed any event in connection with the races. I achieved the proficiency of telling which car there was shown and what was happening on the screen a second before the TV commentators did. I also watched Indy Car to see some famous "retired" F1 drivers there.
But later (when Schumi started winning too many championships and the game got a bit boring for me) I got quite uninterested and stopped watching.
Now I sometimes watch races, but I don't care so much, I haven't even got a favourite driver at the moment.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram