Topic: Playing soul music?  (Read 895 times)

seansdadj

Playing soul music?
« on: July 18, 2007, 02:08 PM »
Does anyone remember the 70s funk/soul group War??? Well one of the guitarists from the group, Lonnie Jordan, went solo and is putting out a new album. I think he is a great guitarist and it shows in his music...he is really talented. You can check out his playing at www.myspace.com/lonniejordan. I was driving to work UMG when i first heard his music, and I found out that he has a new album "War Stories" coming out July 24th...and im really excited. I want to learn how to play like him!? What do yall think of him and his music!??!

Paicey

Re: Playing soul music?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I remember seeing War with Grand Funk Railroad years ago. They sounded good. The drum sound was huge for the War guy and Don Brewers Peavey radial pros sounded muddy. It would be interesting to hear what Lonnie is coming up with today.

Offline Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Many years ago I seen Don Brewer with Grand Funk several times. He was playing Ludwigs at that time and was awesome.... I always liked War back then. I'm sure the new Lonnie Jordan will be great. People like that don't loose the touch, they just get better.    ;)
Craviotto-DW-Mapex-Slingerland
Paiste-Zildjian
"When you quit learning you start dying."-My Grandfather

Offline William Leslie

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Pleasent change for Paint It Black.
older, but still make music my way.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
Click HERE to LEARN MORE!