• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Show us your drum/perc set-up

Started by Bart Elliott, January 01, 2008, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Wilson

..and my Tama Superstars in Copper Mist:

Dave Wilson

..couple more shots of the Gretsch Renown kit...

Jon E

Dang Dave!  Do you get dropped in by helicopter to get around all those kits??

Very nice!

MOUSE

;D Had to look back and see if i posted mine here, don't think so. Boy there are some nice kits amid members here, a lot of realistic less is more with some nice high end gear in use.

Silver sparkle appears to be popular  ;)

Here's my current gigging set up.

Tama Granstars

random

My current set.  It's a mutt.  Plain old Ludwig Acrolite with a P85, 20x18 Mapex bass drum and an old mahogany 14x10 rack tom converted to a floor tom.  Ride is a Sabian HH 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride (my wonderful wife bought this for me), hats are a 14" UFIP Bravo top with a cut down 70s Zildjian A heavy crash bottom. 

This kit has been coming together for a long time, because I refuse to buy things new, when they can be had off Craigslist for a tenth of the price.  I've finally got what I want, now I just gotta strip and stain the floor tom to match the bass.  I'm kinda on the lookout for a black brass snare too.  Once I've got the floor tom done I'll take some prettier pictures, with a real camera.

Jeff Peacock

Brian Hobson

Here's my current favorite setup:  Early 70's Ludwig Psychadelic Red 13", 16"' 22" and late 60's acrolite.  Accompanied by Istanbul Agop Signature 15" hats and 24" ride and 25th anniversary. 

Chip Donaho

The same time that set was out, I had a set called Mod Orange. Wish I had those old Ludwigs back again.  8)

Brian Hobson

Yeah, the mod orange is my favorite color but getting harder (and more expensive) to find.

random

I came home yesterday to find my wife putting the finishing touches on refinishing my floor tom.  I think I'll keep her.

Mike Noll

Hey gang,

Just got these off ebay last week --
Phattie kit 24x14 BD, 12x8 tom and 16x16 floor.... Made in 2001, they're in excellent shape... they were delivered last Friday AM and I played them that night and the above photo is from that Sat. afternoon.   They've since got brand new Evans G Plus coated heads w/clear G1 resonants...  Aquarian Super Kick I on the bass drum.    I love them, they sound soooo good.

Turns out they used to belong to Jeffrey 'Houseman' Clemens, G. Love & Special Sauce...   I was able to off-load a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod 4pc that I wasn't all that thrilled with to make room for the new additions!   Gotta Love ebay!!!

Peace,
Mike Noll
Nate Myers & The Aces
http://www.natemyers.com]www.natemyers.com

Jeff Lewallen

This is the Eames Kit I recently purchased. This one of a kind kit was hand crafted by Joe Mac at Eames from North American Birch with a satin oil finish. The drums were designed with unique sizes for portability...The bass is 9 ply 12x24", toms are 6ply 8x13" and 14x16" and have die-cast hoops. I was a little concerned that the very shallow bass would be wimpy, but the first time I put a pedal to it, that thought disappeared. It is an awesome kit. I think I will call it the "Portable Monster"

Jon E

The latest incarnation of my Ludwigs.

Saimond

Here's some photos from the studio with my Gretsch mini kit.

Ben Ringer

Here's my set. I did the custom finish myself. My brand new Pork Pie snare and gibraltar rack on there now! Since everyone is always confused, the silver drum off to the side is a timbale (I play ska, definitely necessary)
and my jazz set off in the corner.

Eskil Sæter

On stage and ready to rock the house.

Todd Vierra

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Todd Vierra on February 17, 2012, 10:13 PM
Wont let me post a jpeg

Sure it will. You have to host your photo some place on the Internet (eg. Facebook, MySpace, PhotoBucket, etc.), the reference it here on the forum.

Point-In-Question

My PDP X7:

And my Gretsch Blawkhawk:

Yes, left-handed setup  ;D

Luke Elwick

Mapex Meridian Birch in Transparent Midnight Black

22"x18"(x2) bass
12"x8" rack tom
13"x9" rack tom
14"x14" ground tom
16"x16" ground tom
14"x5.5" Meridian Birch snare