Topic: Why proof-read?  (Read 1000 times)

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Why proof-read?
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Well, I made a boo-boo ... and now it will have to remain for a time.  :-\

I've worked hard to optimize the Drummer Cafe website, as well as getting the search engines to crawl the site quickly and index. Well, this is great ... IF you proofread your work! I recently reviewed the  http://www.drummercafe.com/content/view/182/29/]Drumbassadors - Volume 1  DVD and had a typo in the title. I caught the error in less than an hour of posting the review ... but I was too late. Google had already crawled and logged the review ... and my error.

What was my error you ask? Spell Drumbassadors and leave off the first "r" and what do you get? Funny!

You know, I really like this DVD and the music these guys are making, but I don't think I would call myself a Drumbassador. They are smart, however, to document the word by breaking it up as DRUM then bassador. But when you read the word as one line, it's easy to drop letters! My mistake was an unfortunate typo, one that I will have to live with for awhile until Google clears the cache and updates the page. Want a good laugh, do a Google search for "Drumbassadors Volume 1" and find the Drummer Cafe article.

I have a photo of myself wearing a Drummer Cafe t-shirt on the gig, but the t-shirt is folded a bit, cutting off the first "r" in Drummer ... so it reads "Dummer Cafe". I haven't posted that photo!  ;D

Vintage Ludwig

• Cafe VIP
Re: Why proof-read?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Ooops!  I cant tell you how many times Ive done the same thing only to discover my mistake too late.

I did get a good chuckle out your mistake though!

agogobil

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:12 PM »
hmmm ... never done that.

This sentence no verb.

:D

Nathan Cartier

• Cafe VIP
  • Cooking, Gaming, Drumming
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:41 AM »
When I was in high school, a few of us would head up to Thom Hannum's summer drum camp at UMASS.

One summer, we all came back with T-shirts advertising "Thom Hannum's Mobile Percusson Seminar".  sigh.  drummers...

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 12:53 AM »
Well good news, Google has refreshed the index so no more "dumbassadors". Whew!

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram