Topic: The New Drummer Cafe TV  (Read 19213 times)

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Re: The new Drummer Cafe TV
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 11:16 PM »
Drummer Cafe TV is just like a State Fair, "bigger and better each time"   

The Chicago Drum Show segment was my favorite part of this episode and I always enjoy Zoltan.  I like the short clip format rather than one long run on segment.  The Demo is a worthwhile feature and I look forward to more of those.  Great job Bart! 
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 06:29 PM »
I'm a little surprised that no one commented on the little Freddie Gruber clip. I figured at least one person would say that liked or hated that. It was my attempt at humor, which appears to be lost on this crowd. Guess I need to stop trying so hard!  ;D

skinbeatergreg

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 12:39 AM »
We're all a very serious bunch here.  ;D

felix

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 08:34 AM »
I'm a little surprised that no one commented on the little Freddie Gruber clip. I figured at least one person would say that liked or hated that. It was my attempt at humor, which appears to be lost on this crowd. Guess I need to stop trying so hard!  ;D

Actually my friend I did not see it.  So I will go back and try to find it.

I <3 Drummer Cafe TV  :)  seriously, it's cool.

Offline kmaley

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 02:11 PM »
How can you view past installments?  I missed the first one.  Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question or the answer is right in front of my nose. :D
Mapex M Birch Emerald Green Lacquer
22" x 18" Kick, 8" x 8" Rack, 10" x 8" Rack, 12" x 9" Rack, 14" x 11" SFT, 16" x 13" SFT
5-1/2" x 14" snare
Sabian & Wuhan Cymbals
Soundseat Retro-Fit
Tama Iron Cobra PowerGlide Double Pedal
Tama Cobra Clutch

Offline Billy Ward

• Honorary VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 05:30 PM »
Bart -

Thanks SO VERY MU"CH for including me in this new format.  I feel very flattered to be sharing a platform with Zoltan.  Yes, THUMBS UP on Zoltan for me.  And the "we're not worthy" bit is hilarious!  Keep it up!

BTTW, somebody mentioned Debbie Boone or Bette Midler.  I demonstrate Bette Midler in my new DVD Voices - AND it is in slow-motion!  :D  (in the extras)

Thanks again-
-Billy

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement Billy, and thanks again for your support and allowing me to record your clinics and interview you.

felix

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Yes, the Billy Ward segments on DCTV were great.  I watched them today.

Thanks guys.

Offline Chris Whitten

• Honorary VIP
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 08:18 PM »
The Billy ward stuff is (honestly) quite fantastic.
I always love to hear people performing songs in their clinics, but on from that, all the stuff about woods, shell construction etc was insanely good.
I'm in my late 40's and I'm learning this stuff from Billy now.
There was nothing[/b] like this when I was in my formative drumming years.
And you are both (Bart and Billy) giving it out free.  :o

In the late 70's, drum clinics were thin on the ground. In the early 80's they really took off, but the ones I attended almost always featured sections of 20 minute drum solos, not much in the way of education IMHO.
When I started doing studio work engineers asked me why I'd arrived with a certain kit or cymbals and I had no answer. I knew nothing.
25 years later I know less than the last couple of generations of working drummers.
Congratulations on an excellent feature.

Offline Nathan Cartier

• Cafe VIP
  • Cooking, Gaming, Drumming
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I'm going to order Big Time today.  I always enjoyed that clinic footage about woods and shells, it used to be in the VIP archives. 

I'm enjoying every bit of the DCTV.  I'd like to be able to watch episodes that I've missed, so maybe it would be possible to add past episodes to the Resources section?

Zoltan rocks.  Hey, if you're going to entertain...ENTERTAIN, right?

Very nice job, Bart. 

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05 AM »
How can you view past installments?  I missed the first one.  Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question or the answer is right in front of my nose. :D

I'd like to be able to watch episodes that I've missed, so maybe it would be possible to add past episodes to the Resources section?

To answer both of your questions ... I'm going to archive a lot of the footage (not all) for VIP Members to have access to 24/7.

Things that WILL be archived:
  • Lessons
  • Interviews
  • Zoltan segments

I'll also archive some performance footage, but not all since arrangements have been made to show the footage on DCTV only. Clips from DVDs will be made available to everyone as I get the product pages up; many with reviews.

The concept is to get people to watch every week. ;D This will also (hopefully) attract some advertisers for DCTV. Also, archiving the footage and making it available to VIP Members only encourages (again hopefully) people to become VIP Members and support this site.  8)

felix

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 10:40 AM »
This week's DCTV was awesome also.  I don't know how you do it Bart.

Offline kmaley

• Cafe VIP
DCTV
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Bart, I love the Chef hat!  That is awesome!  Nothing like a good chuckle to start my Sunday.

Great work!  Keep 'em coming!
22" x 18" Kick, 8" x 8" Rack, 10" x 8" Rack, 12" x 9" Rack, 14" x 11" SFT, 16" x 13" SFT
5-1/2" x 14" snare
Sabian & Wuhan Cymbals
Soundseat Retro-Fit
Tama Cobra Clutch

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 03:53 PM »
The chef hat definitely caught my attention a few different times. 
Including over on MySpace.    :)

Bart - maybe you should sell  DC Chef Hats.   :)

Bam!

[I want mine in   Black.]   
[Don't let Hannah design it, or it will have Pink lettering.   :)    ]
+
Frank
Just play

Bionic Ankle    "... we can rebuild him ..."

Offline Donald Mcnany (boomerweps)

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Bart,

That Complicated Drumming Advert is hilarious. The 1st one I thought might have been because some dude paid you a lot to run it and maybe it was one of those English as a third language thing ;>)  Then the 2nd one with the famous drummer quotes just added to the LOL.

Unfortunately I can identify too much with the Bill Cosby discussion trying to play too fast on the ride beyond your capabilities. ;>(

Boomerweps

Offline Jim R.

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 03:54 PM »
This is the first that I've heard of PercaDu, they are amazing!! Doesn't look like they get to the states much though by the tour schedule.
So much to do, so little mind.

Offline Chris Whitten

• Honorary VIP
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I like the idea of a semi regular 'Classic Drum Licks' segment.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I like the idea of a semi regular 'Classic Drum Licks' segment

Classic drum licks and Zoltan, what a way to make my week.  Another great episode.  Thanks Bart. 
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. After Chris had posted the "50 Ways" clip, I realized I should create not only lessons ... breaking things down further and/or different than the masters who created them, but actually have a regular segment on DCTV showcasing these licks/grooves ... hence the Legendary Drum Licks.

I already had the Meters' "Cissy Strut" planned to demonstrate and notate for DCTV, but will go ahead and feature more of this kind of stuff in the future. DCTV viewers will be able to click on the screen to be taken to a full lesson on the groove/lick.

The Zoltan stuff is just crazy; good laugh.

The PercaDu performance is nice as well. I'm in contact with these guys to hopefully get some more from them.

I haven't heard any comments about my "Care & Feeding" photo ... I shot that this morning ... thought it was a funny ... treating my Pork Pie Popcorn Snare like a caged animal; feeding it a banana. I'm sure most of the footage is 'old news' to me, but there are a lot of young players that need to know these basic techniques.

I've got some surprises on the horizon with additional contributors adding to the mix of DCTV.  8)

Offline kmaley

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Just finished watching the latest installment of DCTV.
Bart, thanks for another great piece!
I always loved Bellson!
Great job!!!
5-1/2" x 14" snare
Sabian & Wuhan Cymbals
Soundseat Retro-Fit
Tama Cobra Clutch

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram