Topic: the buzz is gone finally  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Hank Gagnon

• Cafe VIP
the buzz is gone finally
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:19 AM »
for some reason i decided my drums weren't sounding right.  i started to tweak the tunings . did that ever open up a can of worms.  all my toms and the floor made the snare buzz like crazy.  after 2 weeks of experimenting i got rid of 99% of the buzzing.i discovered that the lugs on rack toms nearest the snare drum are tweaked more than the ones away , the buzzing can be controlled.  seems like the top lugs controlled the buzzing more than the bottoms, i think.  was this the proper way to do it ? i don't know. will it work for you?  good luck.

Offline William Leslie

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
Re: the buzz is gone finally
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51 PM »
{ had a similar problem and put Aquarian Studio X heads on all batter sides. After tweaking them a bit the buzz was gone. If that hadn't done the trick I was ready to put the same on the reso sides. I still have thoughts of adding to the reso sides when time and money permit. I let the BD go as is, or until the decide what I want to use on them. Some of the drummers here at DC had good things to say about Evans heads, but I like to try them out before I purchase. I just have to talk the guys at GC to put some on the of their kits for a dry run. Good luck with the buzz.
older, but still make music my way.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram