Topic: the buzz is gone finally  (Read 1035 times)

Hank Gagnon

• Cafe VIP
the buzz is gone finally
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:19 AM »
for some reason i decided my drums weren't sounding right.  i started to tweak the tunings . did that ever open up a can of worms.  all my toms and the floor made the snare buzz like crazy.  after 2 weeks of experimenting i got rid of 99% of the buzzing.i discovered that the lugs on rack toms nearest the snare drum are tweaked more than the ones away , the buzzing can be controlled.  seems like the top lugs controlled the buzzing more than the bottoms, i think.  was this the proper way to do it ? i don't know. will it work for you?  good luck.

William Leslie

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
Re: the buzz is gone finally
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51 PM »
{ had a similar problem and put Aquarian Studio X heads on all batter sides. After tweaking them a bit the buzz was gone. If that hadn't done the trick I was ready to put the same on the reso sides. I still have thoughts of adding to the reso sides when time and money permit. I let the BD go as is, or until the decide what I want to use on them. Some of the drummers here at DC had good things to say about Evans heads, but I like to try them out before I purchase. I just have to talk the guys at GC to put some on the of their kits for a dry run. Good luck with the buzz.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram