• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

another show with kansas

Started by heavyhitter, April 28, 2008, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhitter

in nov. of 2006 my band BLINDING EDGE out of pittsburgh were lucky enough to open for kansas when they came to town and loverboy this past december 2007, we just got the call to do another show with kansas aug. 7th, 2008 when they come back to the burgh, cant wait to talk with steve walsh and phil ehert again, they were really down to earth guys and treated us cool, i'll tell ya, its surreal to play in front of 1500-2000 people every now and then , something we'll always remember.

Tkitna

Hey Heavyhitter, where was it that you opened for Kansas? I havent missed very many Kansas shows in the Pittsburgh area. The last time I saw them was at the Pepsi Roadhouse in Burgettstown and they had an opener there. Just wondering.

Phil Ehart is and always has been one of my drumming hero's.

smoggrocks

wow, cool! i wish you well with that. definitely something to be psyched about.

funny, i just popped 'songs for america' into the cd player the other day. makes house cleaning much, much easier and more fun!

heavyhitter

it was at the pepsi roadhouse on nov. 17, 2006, that was my band you saw, hoped you enjoyed it , man all were trying to do is get the crowd pumped up for the icons after us , we're doin it again aug.7th, just got the contract e-mailed yesterday, hope you can make it to the show again, feel free to walk over and introduce yourself, i'll be floating around the crowd after our spot, always nice to meet a fellow drummer, check out our site at www.feelthethunder.biz, theres a few photos of us from the last show, hope to see ya there.

Tkitna

Great stuff. I'll definately try to make it and meet up with you.

NY Frank

Congrats.  That has to be a big thrill.

I don't expect to ever experience it.

I'll have to go MapQuest how many miles it is to Pittsburgh. 
I'd love to catch a Kansas show - and meet some DCers on the same day.

:)

Todd Norris

Very cool!  Be sure to give us a full report afterwards!

Paicey

Ive been a Kansas fan since Masque. I always liked Phils playing and his drum sound. It would be cool to meet the man personally and give him a thanks for the inspiration hand shake.