• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Everyone Must Read This, Listen Live Tomorrow a.m..... Support Your Drummer Brot

Started by TUNELOW, June 05, 2008, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUNELOW

Wow, I was able to get a spot playing live tomorrow morning on one of the larger radio stations in this area.  We will be playing sometime after 7:00 am est on WLAV Grand Rapids, MI.

We will be playing a semi acoustic set of some origianls and some awesome rearranged covers, not the normal covers that you hear at every bar from coast to coast but a version of "You Really Got A Hold On Me" the best version of "Walk The Line" you have heard, "Secret Agent Man" etc...and some great originals, depending on how much they let us actually play.  We practiced last night for the first time doing the acoustic versions and I must say the practice was the best we had. Broke out my hot sticks and brushes which I have not played with in a while, since playing jazz, forgot how hard it was to play soft.  Actually had comments from the other band members that you cannot find a drummer who can play light anymore, all from my jazz playing of the past.  I encourage all of you to at least attempt playing like this, if you play out enough, you will have to play like this eventually.  I have a separate room in my pole barn which used to just be my drum room, acoustics are great in this room, we have three guitars in the band so we put 2 of them just on acoustics but still kept most of the leads on elec on a very small amp, and the bass on a very small amp, wow, think we are going to market this aspect of the band also.  We are going to record the acoustic versions tomorrow.  This is all a pre festival gig which we are playing on Sat.....Wish us luck.

I will be wearing my Cafe t-shirt and try to get a shout out for the Cafe.

http://www.wlav.com]www.wlav.com

97 WLAV the Kevin Mattews morning show .....

Bart Elliott

This is great James.

And thanks for your intent to let everyone know about the Drummer Cafe!

Bart Elliott

How did it go?! I'm sorry that I completely missed it last Friday.